• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What do you haul with?

OVR4D said:
Cannondale - You completely failed to mention the sled in the back ... You must be the first person on the site to post a pic of a red Viper. Congrats. You must be a happy camper.

Pic was from last spring. I volunteered to go get the Demo Prototype for local dealership. My Blue Viper is still sitting in a warehouse :o|

Gas mileage on my 5.7L Tundra with 130000mi on it is 12-13 city summer 11-12 city winter 16-18 Hwy not towing 70mph or so 18-20 under 70mph. Towing a enclosed trailer with 3 quads or Chilton with 2 sleds at 70 mph 10-12 at 60 mph 13-15. Outside temp doesnt seem to matter while towing. I do wish around town or short trips was better on gas. Highway I am happy with since other trucks I have been in seem to be about same unless its a Diesel. I dont baby the throttle love the power and like to hear the engine sing. I have replaced tires twice,brakes once,AIP (a pollution do hicky)once under warranty and a rear wheel bearing once. No other issues but it is due for a Serpentine belt and sparkplugs soon. I also hate the fact it doesnt have a Posi rear end. The electronics will spin all four in 4x4 but the one wheel peel on concrete is really lame. Plan to add a locker by next summer. This truck does ride like a 3/4ton unless loaded or towing. Then she rides like a caddy.

Here's my new trailer I just picked up.

Attachments

• mail-4.jpeg
    mail-4.jpeg
    5.9 KB · Views: 264
sorenson1610 said:
I have heard that from everyone about the Tundras.....Tons of power but crap mileage. So what is the mileage for tundra owners?

Mileage is better than my old GMC 2500HD crewcab with the 6.0 litre gas motor....

Yes, the Tundra is a bit thirsty, but what do you expect with 381 horses on tap...you gotta feed 'em!

My mileage is right around 12 mpg when towing my trailer. I have a 3" lift and 295 Nitto tires, so that robs a bit of the mileage.

In my personal (and biased) opinion, the Tundra is WAY better at towing than my GMC ever was. The Tundra has a lot more power, a better transmission, and a much better ride.

The Tundra also puts a big smile on my face, every time I drive it.....the GMC never did that.

Yooper_Bob said:
sorenson1610 said:
I have heard that from everyone about the Tundras.....Tons of power but crap mileage. So what is the mileage for tundra owners?

Mileage is better than my old GMC 2500HD crewcab with the 6.0 litre gas motor....

Yes, the Tundra is a bit thirsty, but what do you expect with 381 horses on tap...you gotta feed 'em!

My mileage is right around 12 mpg when towing my trailer. I have a 3" lift and 295 Nitto tires, so that robs a bit of the mileage.

In my personal (and biased) opinion, the Tundra is WAY better at towing than my GMC ever was. The Tundra has a lot more power, a better transmission, and a much better ride.

The Tundra also puts a big smile on my face, every time I drive it.....the GMC never did that.

X2 I had a 6.0 GMC and tundra is a monster!!!!

;)! 2013 Chevy Avalanche, black. Still waiting to haul both sleds with it for the first time. Maybe this weekend.

2010 GMC Sierra 4X4 no trailer since we can ride our sleds out of the back yard and through town here the odd time we go somewhere I just throw it in the box

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 80
BigShow29 said:

Nice Jeep! How well does it pull a trailer with 2 sleds? I am thinking about getting something in the future either truck or SUV/jeep.

99 F150 with 265,000 miles, very little towing since I can ride from house, just need if doing a UP trip. Mainly need for winter travel between SE michigan to NE Michigan.Then in spring out comes the Mustang till fall.

Attachments

• 99 f150 .jpg
    99 f150 .jpg
    702.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 2006 Mustang GT.jpg
    2006 Mustang GT.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 88
Here is the trailer when needed. Low miles for a 2002 trailer and kept inside so still looks like new.

Attachments

• I-phone 018x.jpg
    I-phone 018x.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 72

Back