• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What happened to the regulars?

OK - Just a though.

It may not be a good idea to merge afterall :)

Who still riding the old girl ?

Mine is under surgery, frame , suspension, and a new motor.

Motor not broken, just got a sweet deal on a Crashed on a Deer during smooth sunday ride Apex .

Am taking all part better than mine, and putting on my sled. Should be good for another 4 years with that mod.

And am doing all the maintenance i was supposed to do last year that i didnt do.(too lazy)

rxrider has done an excellent job keeping us up-to-date on his progress. Tundra, on the other hand, has really fallen down on the job! Where is your thread Tundra?!?!? :)

I will start a thread soon for this year's efforts on my '03:

-gauge relocate to the bars
- temp gauge in old steering post location
- battery relocate
- regearing
- barkbuster front
- tupperware airbox
- rollover oil catch and breather
- wannabe betterboards
- undertunnel exhaust extend
- rear cooler relocate
- stock seat upgrade and accessible trunk
- mtn addiction gas cans
- headlight delete

some of my progress can be seen here:

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=60473

Wow....looking at that ole' avatar picture over there on the left brings back a lot of memories!! Kinda wish I still had it. I do check in here every few weeks to see all my old buddies lurking around. Kachess, I was just up at Suncadia Resort for 4 days last weekend! What a beautiful place to live! I was thinking about looking you up for a cup of coffee! Lee, I suppose it's my turn to come up and see you this time? I of course did all the needed summertime mods and am ready to rock and roll. I didn't get the Nytro turboed this summer because of the economy crunch! Sucks, but such is life! Well, I hope we all get a lot of snow this winter. Have fun!

Aaron

I am almost ready to get my old RX-1ton back together, since my A-arm bolts were lost and I had to pick up replacements. Anyways, this year should be fun, working on the 7th year now with the old girl.
I believe that I am the only RX left in town, all the others are Apexes, Phazers, Ventures and Vikings. I believe there may be one Nytro in town. I still prefer the sound of my old RX-1 to the Apexes, guess it is in how we broke them in, eh?
I am waiting for Yamaha to put the 150 into a Nytro body, then I will buy a new yamaha, I think...Truth be told, this is the longest I have had one model without redoing the engine... Just the body that has had parts replaced.

RX-E

Hello RX-Eskimo - long time buddy, I still got my '03, will keep it for life :)

Any snow yet on Baffin Island?
We had snow at altitude but warm weather today made snow disappear below 600 meters or 1800 ft.

I'm still here too with only a few mods this season. My sled still runs like a top and now pulls a solid 10,250 RPM while climbing in the heavy spring snow. I bought a Nytro MTX rear snow flap and that's about it. My buddy Rob who bought Aaron's old sled is putting a front mount turbo on it now for the coming season.

He says he wants to buy my RX-1 because it's the best running naturally aspirated RX-1 he's ever seen. Still, I am really starting to look for something new. I haven't ridden a sled this long before either. In fact, to be fair I signed up for a demo ride for a M-1000 and M800. I also signed up for a Dragon 800 ride, a XP800 demo and a Nytro ride but my buddy bought one for his wife so I should get plenty of seat time helping him get it dialed in for her.

I may end up waiting to see what Yamaha brings to the table for 2010. I bleed Yamaha blue and I'd love to stay on a Yamaha but I know time has marched on considerably in snowmobile technology since my 03 was released and I want to give everything I can a fair shake. An 8 or 900 ETEC in the Summit XP may win over my love?

I was just in my covered trailer digging out one of the three 89 Ovations I bought for my daughter. My son is taking the best parts and making two good runners. It's great to see him excited about building her a sled. One will end up with a 136 x 1 1/2" track.

I traded the kids Polaris XCR120 for a 97 Mountain Max 700. It's not a beauty queen but I bought a take off Nytro MTX rear skid for it with the new 153" Maverick track. I bought some Nytro MTX powder skis as well. This sled could get interesting.

I'll end up taking the 136" skid off the Mountain Max and putting it on my wife's 99 Phazer 500. I have a MPI rear suspension set back kit that improves the approach angle still in the box and I'll run a 141" Challenger on that sled.

I really need to get crackin on these projects but hunting seems to be getting in the way.

Take care guys.

Frosty

Me, my sled is under Plastic Surgery.

Stripped her to the frame,
replaced every loose rivets,
replaced front bulkhead
put a Apex motor
Apex plastic that i bought a little bit everywhere
rebuilt rear suspension
put some new steering linkage
put a Ulmer Brass bushing kit

A lot of job, a lot of abused parts on my sled. :D

Way cool tundra, please post some pics of your Apex'ed RX-1 when done.

tundra said:
Me, my sled is under Plastic Surgery.

Stripped her to the frame,
replaced every loose rivets,
replaced front bulkhead
put a Apex motor
Apex plastic that i bought a little bit everywhere
rebuilt rear suspension
put some new steering linkage
put a Ulmer Brass bushing kit

A lot of job, a lot of abused parts on my sled. :D

Good to see that you are still around Tundra. I thought you parted out your sled.

Please post pics of your upgrade with Apex plastic/body part. This has been a upgrade that I have wanted to do for a long time I have started the long process of getting hold of apex body parts. So far I only have the D-frame/motor hoop.

I also have some boost upgrades and tunnel work on the list this winter. I will post pics when it is done.

I can't wait to fire up the old lady :jump:

That was the worst part, get all the stuff i need, some parts i got are'nt in good shape. And im trying to do it cheap, i bent on side of suspension last spring, hitting a railroad (without snow).

But if you ask, Apex and Rx-1 are so similar, almost like a GM truck vs a chevy truck, its all fit in the same hole.

But if i had more time and money, i would have shave some weight. So much parts are so much Heavy. Big headlight support in thin steel , thin buit still heavy. I guess, sled has over 20 pounds only in bolts in front suspension, motor support and Bulkhead.

But we need a strong frame to hold all that power ;)!

For the parting out, i just sold part i dont need anymore. Some part were all junk, like my steering linkage.

But i still have my four carburator for sell, they are in perfect condition, i changed lot of part in it last spring.

Back