• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What happened?

Start with the simple thing and rule out if its the battery or not. Use some jumper cables to a known good battery. If it starts then you know your battery is toast.
If it does not start then start looking deeper into it like the starter soleniod, the white connector at the soleniod and other stuff that Blue Dave has already mentioned and linked for you.

I always wonder why they blew?
Anyone have thoughts?

Good luck nothing I know to do but ride it-not alone- and see. It usually is a never again thing.

yamadoo said:
I always wonder why they blew?
Anyone have thoughts?

Good luck nothing I know to do but ride it-not alone- and see. It usually is a never again thing.

Corroded and/or loose electrical connections cause a high resistance circuit which causes a voltage drop to whatever components are connected in the circuit. This causes the components in the circuit to draw higher amperage because of the voltage drop caused by the bad connection. This can be a cause of blown fuses. Also chafed positive polarity wires that can short to the chassis will certainly blow a fuse.

In either case it is hard to troubleshoot unless the condition is not intermittent which is usually the case especially with these types of things.

Back