• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What I dont like about my new sled.

Website
photos.yahoo.com
Yamaha sure did rush to production when it comes to a few things. Like the rear tailight assembly. I can see that getting busted off quick! And how about the silly hood and how it comes apart and then goes back. Yeah thats gonna be fun trailside.Lets hope it never needs to be opened. Other than that it looks great. Oh yeah one last thing,a baramoter. Lets get with it Yamaha! Im no weather man so I would much appreciate a thermometer instead. In case anyone is curious Im 6'4", 235 lbs. The seat feels great and the gauge visibility is excellent. Dont think you're gonna get a sled that sits like a Rev. My thighs are perfectely horizontal and most comfortable it seems. If anyone wants specific pictures of any part of the new Attak let me know. Think snow! :yam:

i rather have an baramoter then a thermometer because i already know what the weather is like at the present time
i'm sure u'll love ur sled and if ur worried about the hood just take it off and put it back on ten or 15 times for pratice and u'll be fine

The taillight is LED so it does not produce any heat. It may face down and to a point so it does not collect snow, besides the styling factor.

The hood is where a fair amount of the weight savings comes from this year and is easy to take-off and reinstall.

The barometer is what makes the fuel injection compensate. They gave you a readout because it is easy to do as they are using the information anyway.

i would still rather have a thermometer.i put one on my sleds.you cant tell the difference between zero and 10 above when your riding.oh yea i'll take a compass too :D

MGA you won't need to take your hood off on the trail. It's a 4 stroke!!!! Only had to lift my hood to show off the engine or to change the oil. Enjoy the sled :4STroke: :yam:

The fuel injection system also needs outside air temperature information. I believe according to the wiring diagram that there is a sensor for this. It seems to me Yamaha could also have included that info on the instrument cluster. Oh well they need upgrades for the 07's. ;)!

They left out the thermometer and engine coolant temp for the 2007s. The computer is already reading the engine temp and out side air temp as well as barametric pressure. You know how Yamaha is they save some stuff for the next year. :o| Also for a glimpse into what you might see for a handlebar pad for next year to bring that area of the sled up to yamaha fit and finnish standards, check out the silver mountian vector in the 2006 snowmobile lit. It is a small picture at the bottom of the page it has a very distinct dip in it for better viewing of the gauges. It,s the only picture of this type pad that I have seen. Would be perfect for the apex/ attak less the mountian strap. The large pictures don,t show it. :?

Its only a matter of time till the aftermarket guys get to picking up where Yamaha left off. I for one am anxiously awaiting some saddle bags for trailside "beverage" transportation. I cant imagine what they will do for a dash/windscreen bag.Time will tell..... :drink:

I think the new hood is kinda slick. At least you can completely take the hood off so that its easier to access the engine. Also, its a Yamaha, so its not like you are going to be working on the engine all the time.
As far as the gauges, I think they are all you need. Speedo, tach, high temp and low oil are all you need. I hope that Yamaha made the speedo more accurate than it was in the past. Id rathar have a minimal of gauges than to have all the stuff the Fusion's gauges have and have the inaccurate fuel gauge of the Fusion (why an ELECTRIC fuel gauge is so inaccurate makes no sense to me).
I wouldnt be surprised to see more features on the gauges of the '07s. At the very least, Yamaha makes little tweaks to models every year. I think you will see the Vector and Nytro go to the Apex chassis and I think you will see every 4-stroke sled (if they even make an '07 Venom) with the Monoshock suspension.
Cap'n

MajorGasAttak said:
The fuel injection system also needs outside air temperature information. I believe according to the wiring diagram that there is a sensor for this. It seems to me Yamaha could also have included that info on the instrument cluster. Oh well they need upgrades for the 07's. ;)!

The outside air temp I have been thinking about for awhile. I think a better term is intake air temp. We need to know where that sensor is. I am thinking it is going to be influenced by underhood heat, at least enough where it wont mean much for actual outside air temps, except on a cold start-up and perhaps a fast blast across a lake.

Water temp they could do easy, prolly cost them under $10 a unit to do it.

EFI doesnt need a temperature sensor and Id go as far as to say there probably isnt one. Oxygen content is relative to barometric pressure and air density, and its generally a known value using a few simple calculations, so technically they only need to compensate for changes in density and not temperature, you can calculate density using temp but I doubt they do. Being that a 4 stroke is not as sensitive as a 2 stroke and that you have more intake tract to warm the incoming air. As the air passes thru the intake and across the valves, the temp and density at the time of combustion is obviously different than the air box. So if they did use temp as a input its probably charge air temp taken from the maniold somewhere and not actual outside air temp as they are not the same. Im betting they probably use a MAP( manifold absolute pressure) and barometric pressure sensor and the EFI module uses pre programmed tables to calculate the fuel needs based on the density values calculated using those 2 sensors, Ive got a pretty strong EFI background but with that said Im just making an assumption here and we all know what happens when one assumes anything. Id like to learn more about it and Im excited about seeing just how this system works. Id like to hear from anyone who has REAL hands on info as to how Yamaha does it, this techy stuff excites me..LOL

alright, if we are gonna have this on our sleds, does anybody know how to read a baramoter so that we can use it, ide like to be able to look at it and tell if it might snow.

ironviper said:
alright, if we are gonna have this on our sleds, does anybody know how to read a baramoter so that we can use it, ide like to be able to look at it and tell if it might snow.

Good point, all I remember is if it gets in the low 30's or 29's it is going to storm most likely. But as a forcasting tool CHANGE is what is important.
Higher than a few hours or day ago generally means no storms. Lower means conditions are right for a storm. I'll have to relearn a bit of that myself.

TT670,
Real sure no MAP or MAF, it is a simple system. Being that those arent included, modifications (other that a single or 2 simple ones) will require an add on computer. Keep an eye out for posts from srxspec on that.

99% positive like majorgasattack says air temp sensor is there.

Back