• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What mirrors and any Pictures

Morgan

Veteran
I have a 07 Nytro, and I am wanting to put mirrors on it.

There are 2 choices from the vector, one mounts on the hood the others mount up on the winshield.

I would like to see some pictures, and want reports on visibility.

I guess what I am saying is the one that mounts up by the windshield do the handguards effect your line of sight.

And the ones that mount on the hood, do you have to look to far down to see??

Any advise and pictures would be greatly appreciated.

There is one other option, the 08 FX Nytro has a mirror set that mounts on the handguards. This is my first choice, but I want to see the others first.

Just one more question, do the mirrors that mount up by the windshield fold in for use with the cover???

Thanks again.

Went with the USI View Gards , handguard/mirror combo.
Get a great panoramic view from behind and they brake the wind much better than the oem ones.
I also like the look but that's just me :-o

Attachments

• IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 76
In my opinion I dont think that nytro riders would put mirrors on their sled, because it is a "ditch banger" in some way. Yamaha made the vector and others to put mirrors on. This is just my opnion and i am not being a d$%k in any way. Try to go to the rs fourm, they are the same chassis and body style. They should have what you are looking for.

Jake

Over here in Quebec you must have at least one mirror on the left hand side of your sled by law, 150 buck fine if you get caught with out and beleave me they apply the law.

i guess i am not the norm for nytro riders... i have a set of the old style mirrors on my nytro, they are mounted in the two dimples under the hood. same location as vectors.
as for visability i have to lean slightly forward to see behind me. they work ok, it took me some miles to adjust them so i can see out of them. the main obstruction is the handlebars.

ottercreeks said:
i guess i am not the norm for nytro riders...

I didnt mean anything against anyone. It was just my opinion and i told him he would prolly have better luck over in the RS fourm because they are more of a trail ridden sled. Just my opinion not to pi$$ anyone off.

nytroERrider said:
ottercreeks said:

I didnt mean anything against anyone. It was just my opinion and i told him he would prolly have better luck over in the RS fourm because they are more of a trail ridden sled. Just my opinion not to pi$$ anyone off.
Typically I ride with my 18 year old son, and I like to keep an eye on him. I guess it doesnt matter what kind of sled it is, just wanted to know and see what people were using on the Nytro.

The reason I asked here was the seat is obviously higher than the Vector, and I wanted to know what worked for this specific model.

did you try the ones that go on top of your glove i like it and you don't have to drill holes , if you ride last you can throw it in the trunk...

dntmndr said:
did you try the ones that go on top of your glove i like it and you don't have to drill holes , if you ride last you can throw it in the trunk...

That is what I have been using all winter, not as simple as looking in a mirror. Always taking hand off bar to look back.

The last few years I have been riding with hood mounted mirrors, I guess you kinda get used to that concept.

More than likely I will go with the fx nytro mirror that mount to the handguards. That will save me from drilling any holes in the hood.

nytroERrider said:
ottercreeks said:

no offence taken, i love my nytro for trail crusing.

ottercreeks said:
I'd have to agree. I think my Nytro is the best all around trail sled I've ever had. The power and clutching are perfect for trails and now that I have the suspension set up right and a good set of skis, it rides and handles very good.
I have PowerMadd guards with mirrors mounted to them. They worked ok, good enough to see a headlight behind you, until both mirrors popped off on a very cold day. Apparently thats pretty common.

coyotekid said:
ottercreeks said:
I'd have to agree. I think my Nytro is the best all around trail sled I've ever had. The power and clutching are perfect for trails and now that I have the suspension set up right and a good set of skis, it rides and handles very good.
I have PowerMadd guards with mirrors mounted to them. They worked ok, good enough to see a headlight behind you, until both mirrors popped off on a very cold day. Apparently thats pretty common.

Happened to one of my Powermadd mirrors too.

Back