• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what oil

ger

Expert
OK I will be changing my oil to synthetic at the next change (or next season) but in the mean time I am running the yamalube stuff .

I have added my last liter of the yamalube, can I just add regular car oil (05w30) or does it have to be some cold weather formula?
This is just to top up
Ger

Is this just for topping up , I don't want to do an oil change yet . I just thought the yamalube is some cold weather formula

"It will not hurt anything if you mix synthetic with regular oil, for a 4 or 2 stroke"

It wont ?

Would there be any benifit to do this ?

Actually, depending on the synthetic oil, you may DEFINITELY WANT NOT to mix with mineral. Some synthetics will not mix with mineral oil in the same manner as oil does not mix with water. If you read all the bottles carefully, some of them have WARNINGS on them, so you don't do anything dumb. Some require that you do TWO oil changes with synthetic in order to flush out the mineral oil.

Of course, a lot of synthetic oil WILL mix with mineral oil... but there is no telling what that'll do to the lubricative ability.

OIL

Adding car oil to your rx1 engine is absolutely the STUPIDIST thing you can do in term's of lubrication.Car oil's are meant for cars the molecular structure of these oil's are meant not to exceed a certain rpm or temp for that matter,for car's usually 7,000 rpm's anything above that and the oil start's to breakdown and foam up.That's why you should use oil specific to your engine no car oil will hold together at 10,000+rpm's but oil designed for those rpm's and heat will.IF YOU HAVE A BUDDY THAT HAS A STREET BIKE AND IS TOO CHEAP TO BUY THE PROPER OIL AND IS RUNNING CAR OIL IN HIS BIKE TAKE A LOOK AT THE OIL SIGHT WINDOW AFTER A DAY'S RIDING IT WILL LOOK LIKE SOMEONE JUST POURED A CAN OF COCA COLA IN IT. :D

Lazy,

Thank you. Haven't you noticed that at least half of the advice on this site is B.S.?

Can you imagine flushing your engine twice to get rid of any trace of That destructive oil. LOL

oil

Lazy

I agree. You have to be real careful what you are mixing when it comes to synthetic and mineral.

I think most synthetics these days can be mixed with mineral but I prefer not to. If you HAVE TO mix, read the bottle....Better yet, stick with what's in it to top it off and do the change over to synthetic with a filter change and full oil change.

I'm a firm believer in synthetic myself. Better filming, better resistance to thermal breakdown, and higher heat capacity. I use it in everything I own.

Back