• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What size studs for stock ripsaw?

I think you guys have me convinced! One more question... if I decide I don't like them can I just pull the studs out without any adverse effects? As long as I use a quality hole cutter and not a drill, I would think the holes in the track would not effect it's durability?

I was also wondering what pattern to use? I would like install 48 studs in a pattern that would allow me to add another 48 if I liked them. If I was going to put 2 rows of studs down the center of the track, what lug interval would I need to stud? I've never studded a track before so please excuse me if these are stupid questions.

Well, I called around... I can get 1.075 Woody's Gold diggers with backers for about $2.50 a piece from my local dealer and they are in stock!

So, are these studs ok to use on the Phazer? I know the price is a little high, but how bad is it?

Thanks guys!

:rocks:

Sounds about right for list price, but I'm sure you can find them cheaper. I know I get mine cheaper.

IMO the Studboy Power points are better, but Woodys are OK too.

I dont remeber how much I paid, I know its well under list price. I would go with 96, 48 sound like to much presser in one spot of the track and risk a pull out. if you do go 48 you would only be able to get 1 per row or two every other row. If you go 1 every (I dont know who would)row you could just zig zag.

if i were to stud my track i would use double backers much stronger. second year on my stepdads sled with double backers and not one stud bent if your an aggressive rider i would deff go with these

Ran 96 stud boy 1.080 for 2200 miles and had to replace at least 30 that bent and eventually pulled 2 through. Replaced the track and went with 144 1.080 stud boys. Too early to tell only got to ride it 175 miles so far.

you do realize that the idea of studs is traction, so if ya have them ya don't light yur track up all the time you will keep your studs intact, just saying lol

I like the idea of the double backers and I guess if you are doing 96 then you would skip every other row? Also, what is generally considered the best backer material to use, aluminum, or nylon, etc.?

edit: Are these found on Amazon any good?
Signature Series Stainless Studs by Woody's / 5/16 - 1.075" / Pack of 24 / pt # 415129036
Around $26 for a pack of 24 with nuts seems pretty cheap. Does not clearly state carbide tip or is that a standard? Then I can pick up the double aluminum backers for around $50 to do 96 studs.

Or is stainless weaker and not really needed?

Telstar

Back