• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What To Look For

Fortunately, my son did not roll the Nytro as he was riding behind me and only clipped that manhole cover which did also take out a pretty decent chunk of the ski so had to replace it as well. Maybe when the ski hit the manhole cover, it had a similar impact to what you are referring to grizztracks.

@grizztracks, could a sub frame with damage to the steering post like what I had occur be fixed? I wasn't sure if straightening out would have weaken the metal to where it would just re-bend.

@grizztracks, could a sub frame with damage to the steering post like what I had occur be fixed? I wasn't sure if straightening out would have weaken the metal to where it would just re-bend.

It's usually the non gusseted 2008 frames that bend like that. I've attempted to repair a couple but had to cut welds to realign the frame and then reweld it. Back when I was attempting to repair frames you could purchase one new for under $400 so after a few attempts I decided it was better to by new.

From your pictures it looks like the lower portion of the frame was pushed over causing the pivot mounts to bend. More than likely the impact also caused a misalignment in the frame from top to bottom which would show up in the camber measurements. I can't give you a definite answer weather the frame is worth repairing without seeing it but from what I can tell from the pictures I don't think I'd bother with it.

It's usually the non gusseted 2008 frames that bend like that. I've attempted to repair a couple but had to cut welds to realign the frame and then reweld it. Back when I was attempting to repair frames you could purchase one new for under $400 so after a few attempts I decided it was better to by new.

From your pictures it looks like the lower portion of the frame was pushed over causing the pivot mounts to bend. More than likely the impact also caused a misalignment in the frame from top to bottom which would show up in the camber measurements. I can't give you a definite answer weather the frame is worth repairing without seeing it but from what I can tell from the pictures I don't think I'd bother with it.

Sorry grizztracks as I should have stated I wasn't necessarily wanting to repair. I had already replaced it back when it happened and for the reasons you stated, opted to buy OEM but ordered the superseded part number which has the stock gussets. Was just curious if a guy could as that was primarily the only reason I haven't scrapped it yet.

Hey grizz I need to order a kit. I have an 08 with 10,000 miles and I just bent the sub frame. PM me some contact info.
Thanks

Back