• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What to watch for in the CR10ek?

2001srx=fast

Extreme
I picked up a set of cr10ek today and i was told to watch out because if you dont let them warm up they with foul on you? is this true what do you guys do about this?

Very true.
I foulded mine after putting the sled back together and doing a few short test runs in the shop checking for leaks. After running it two or three times, I went to load it up, and it wouldn't run right.

short run cycles aren't good for an engine anyway. If it doesn't reach normal operating temperature, moisture in the engine and exhaust doesn't get burned off.

If they foul, throw them away. It is a short term fix to clean them. They will foul again, and usually when you are 50 miles from home. I know they aren't cheap, but it sure beats being stuck somewhere. I let my apex warm up until the warning light goes off and then I give it a couple more minutes. I'm usually getting my gear on, so it's not like I'm standing around waiting for the sled.

when you start the sled ...dont touch the throttle until the red light is out....no problem

Why run "10" when the stock "9" work fine, is there that much to gain with "10" some say a couple of HP which to me isn't enough to make a difference and risk fouling and being stranded when you least expect it!

Not offending anyone, just voicing my opinion...

niko said:
I think i idea was to use the 10's with other mods to get the full benifits.
9's would foul too i would guess if they not run right.

I've started my sled tons of times COLD and load in trailer, shut her off, trailer to destination and have never fouled a plug yet in over 9000kms on same plugs same for my buddy's '05 RX1, "10" seem to be a little touchy and this is why I didn't want to push my LUCK! remember the good old '98 SRX with the famous "10" that kept FOULING on the PTO side, I had a "POO" back then and my buddy would brag of his SRX how well it ran till he started fouling, mind you its the only way I could get past him...LOL the good old days of 2 SMOKE'S.

either will foul if you diddle the throttle too early...the difference in the two plugs has been documented ...and with other mods to the right person might be worth it...and surely cant hurt

Back