• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what tools to have in your apex?

Snowman35

Extreme
Country
USA
Tryin to gather a list of tools that would be benficial to have when out n about. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please do not include the items that come with the sled from the factory (spring adjustor,belt remover tool,spark plug tool)

i like to bring an extra 12mm and 14mm wrench to make changes to my rear clutch.

Sled Tools

Among other things I carry a complete tool set with which I can do any repair I am capable of. On a trip or or the trail, these tools do more on other peoples sleds than mine.

I also carry a branch saw, a Super Siphon, a water ski tow rope (pre-set for ski tips), magnetic pickup, a spare bulb, a spare speedo bearing, Loc-Tite, JB Weld, various zip ties, torch lighter, Yamaha #3 phillips body screws, Dzus fasteners and washers - the list goes on.

My friends laugh about it all until I am there helping them or someone else on the trail.

If you come on my trip and have a 2 stroke you better be carrying oil, ISO, spare pull cord, and spare exhaust springs.

Attachments

• sled tools.jpg
    sled tools.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 129
A bottle opener and a corkscrew. ;)!

A tow strap, so you can pull the others in.

couple wrenches in 14-17-19 (can't get no power on factory supplied) couple pairs of pliers, zip ties. lighter, small led flashlight, coolant stop leak 1lt. bottle of coolant, maps (use as firestarter as well as navigation)

I also carry booster cables. I've never neeeded them but tehy might save me one day. I have them attached to my spare belt so they dont take up any storage room either.

A leatherman, duct tape, vice grip, magnet, and thats about it. Quit carrying the towstrap since all my buddies converted to Yammies!!

Wozy said:
A leatherman, duct tape, vice grip, magnet, and thats about it. Quit carrying the towstrap since all my buddies converted to Yammies!!
Sad to say, but 2011 yammi is only sled I ever towed in 30 years of riding up north. :o|

I have a siphon hose,cable jumpers, Highlift Snow Mobile Jack,Warn XT25 portable winch, tow strap. Stock tool kit only. I figure if it's broke down I probably can't or won't fix it out there. But I suspose I should carry the normal 10mm 12mm etc. wrenches used for wheels,etc..

snoguzzler1 said:
I also carry booster cables. I've never neeeded them but tehy might save me one day. I have them attached to my spare belt so they dont take up any storage room either.
Cool Idea. I have mine in a nose bag with the siphon and toe rope. Standard tools that came with it and a few extra wrenches. I'm going to look at this with interest though.

Back