• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what track?

fxnytroxtx

What track is good for xtx, dont want to run studs any more (stud throut heatexchanger :o|) but still want hook up,traction. I ride 90%trails 10%erything else. Thanks.

Camoplast Cobra!

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
What he said.

That Cobra track does work good
if you don't want to run studs.

Cobra is available as single or 2 ply. I can't see a reason why you would want a single ply if concerned about durability.

Why not compromise and get an Ice Ripper XT? Studs are molded into the track paddles. It may not be as aggressive as traditional studs, but there is better traction than a non studded track.

I want a 2 ply and no less than1 1/4. All probably go with a cobra 1.325. Thanks guys. How long or how touhg of a job to change a trak.

fxnytroxtx said:
I want a 2 ply and no less than1 1/4. All probably go with a cobra 1.325. Thanks guys. How long or how touhg of a job to change a trak.

Less than 3 hours if nothing is broken. That is what I got charged at my dealer anyway but he also changed my drivers which can be the toughest part of the whole thing.

I think that the question of 1 or 2 ply is moot. Track failures tend to start at the lugs, with the exception of stud pull outs. Since studs aren't an issue, there is zero chance of that. Comparing the actual 1 ply track against a 2 ply, the main belt is just as thick and sturdy.

I just went with an XCPRO 1.75x146" for my RX. Haven't had it on the snow yet, but its a real mean looking and sturdy track. One thing to keep in mind with this track though, is that it is slightly longer than a 144", so it may require minor modification to obtain the necessary adjustment. I had to modify the rear axle slots on my expertX to get an extra 1/4" of adjustment required to tighten it up properly. In general, you will need your rear axle back 1 inch further than for a 144" track.

8 tooth 2.86 pitch drivers are the same size as 9 tooth 2.54.

http://www.camoplast.com/tracks/tracks/xc_pro_over.html

Track change varies depending on the conditions you are working under. If you are working in a heated and brightly lit garage, it should probably go pretty fast. If you're working outside in a blizzard, it will require frequent visits to the inside to warm up and could end up taking a lot longer.

Remember that the job, though analogous to changing the tires on a car, would be analogous to having to fully disassemble the transmission to get the tires off. The job is not fun.

I've got a question on this. Not to hijack but I've been reading this thread and others wondering about tracks and though I am new to Yamaha and the Nytro and have not logged many miles as of yet why does everybody hate the ripsaw? I put a 1.25 ripsaw (no studs) on my old 2001 ZR and it was the best thing I could have done. The hook up was unreal all around. And my last sled 2004 RevX 800mod had the same track with 96 down the middle and it was sweet. Is it just the nytro, is the ripsaw that old of a design, or are other tracks like the cobra just that much better? I will say I too ride 90% trail.

Back