• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What weights in your Ulmer Stage 2

Doo 2 Blue

Veteran
I own a 2007 APex ER.
I am now running 1 ounce in each tip, zero in middle,
3 ounce each heel.

How is this comparable to what you are running?
Looking for agressive bottom and mid range with no lose of top end.
Thanks

Iam running 3-3 heel, zero middle, and zero tip, i did have 1-0 in tip, but took out. it pulls hard bottom to top, and actually gain a couple of mph on top.

That is almost exactly what i was told today
Allen Ulmer got back to me today told me to run it with nothing in the tip or center and 7 in the heel
I will try that and see how i make out.

Thanks for the info

He now calls the old "Stage II" Kit a "Stage I." At least last year he did when I called him about the confusion on the topic.

My Old Stage II Kit came all set up. When I ordered mine, I did call him and asked for him to set it up. But, I ended up taking weight off the tip to get the Rs up where I wanted them. Then after cleaning the carbs, I ended up putting the weight back on to bring the Rs back down. So, ... I have great confidence in his recommended settings. If his recommended setting does not seem to be right, then start looking elsewhere to find the root cause of the problem.

If you have any mods, I would call him and explain what you have, then order. Based on your specific mods, he may alter his suggestion.

But, ... There are plenty of washers and bolts in the kit for all kinds of adjustments. Just remember: generally, weight on lowers Rs. Weight off raises Rs. Weight on the tips affects the top end, weight on the middle affects mid-range, etc.

I'm set with 3-3 on heel, 0 at middle and 0 at the tip.
Helix set at 6-3 with silver spring, and it pulls very hard on all the range. But after talking to Allen, I will try white spring set at 6-1. I will gain some RPM to have 10800 at WOT.
But the big work is done by the special helix! You can see when the helix angle is changing when you race with friend next to you and after 50-100ft, you're going 3-6 lenght ahead....its CRAZY!!!

Back