• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What/who is the nytro made for??

get this....i have a 09 rtx se and my buddy has a 07 apex...when we are next to each other going the same exact speed, his speedo reads +9mph throughout....kinda excessive heh?

get this....i have a 09 rtx se and my buddy has a 07 apex...when we are next to each other going the same exact speed, his speedo reads +9mph throughout....kinda excessive heh?

Always good info to hear. Like I said I miss my viper but it's time to jump into something new ( that hopefully won't blow crank bearings on me )

I also do alot of ditch riding, some freestyle/ jumps, powerlines etc. and about 50% trail. The only thing that keeps me looking back at the ski doo renegades is the weight and the chassis. I now have to debate wether I want 4 stroke power and reliability vs mobility and speed.

I dunno if I said it previously but I'm buying a 2012 and am stuck between the etec 600 renegade X and the nytro xtx.

I think the nytro can be adjusted to pretty much any riding style you want. I have a 08 nytro RTX and I'm pretty much 100% aggressive trail rider. I love it and can put on 250 miles in a day with no problem other then my arms get kinda tired. The motor is totally awesome! Been hitting 100 pretty regularly, so it must be getting broken in nicely (3000 miles). Pulls like crazy, maybe that's why my arms are tired :Rockon: Handling wise, it needs to been set up properly to gain its full potential. But once you find the sweet spot, you wont want to get off of it. And it takes a bit of a learning curve for riding position too, pretty much have to be aggressive and hang off the thing. Which keeps me moving and warm and makes the sled rail corners. But you can ride it normal too, just will experience more ski lift. Also im 6' 3" and stand a lot too. Great transition from siting to standing, very comfortable. I do need to get a riser as its just a bit short for me, but nothing uncomfortable. As far as the model years go, don't overlook the 08's. They have a bad rap for some reason but seriously don't pass up a good deal on one. I've had great luck with mine so far and I put about 2000 miles since December :-o I do have a list of mods already for summer and can't wait for some of the things planned for it. Good luck and you wont go wrong with picking a nytro if you are able and willing to tinker with it.

Rip viper :( <---- see how emotional this makes me! That's why a need the motivation to buy a new yammy

018.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

024.jpg

sorenson1610 said:
I think the nytro can be adjusted to pretty much any riding style you want. I have a 08 nytro RTX and I'm pretty much 100% aggressive trail rider. I love it and can put on 250 miles in a day with no problem other then my arms get kinda tired. The motor is totally awesome! Been hitting 100 pretty regularly, so it must be getting broken in nicely (3000 miles). Pulls like crazy, maybe that's why my arms are tired :Rockon: Handling wise, it needs to been set up properly to gain its full potential. But once you find the sweet spot, you wont want to get off of it. And it takes a bit of a learning curve for riding position too, pretty much have to be aggressive and hang off the thing. Which keeps me moving and warm and makes the sled rail corners. But you can ride it normal too, just will experience more ski lift. Also im 6' 3" and stand a lot too. Great transition from siting to standing, very comfortable. I do need to get a riser as its just a bit short for me, but nothing uncomfortable. As far as the model years go, don't overlook the 08's. They have a bad rap for some reason but seriously don't pass up a good deal on one. I've had great luck with mine so far and I put about 2000 miles since December :-o I do have a list of mods already for summer and can't wait for some of the things planned for it. Good luck and you wont go wrong with picking a nytro if you are able and willing to tinker with it.

Well this is going to be the first new sled I've bought. Ever. So that's maybe why I'm so confused and torn on what to get. I've always wanted to buy a new snowmobile. One that's mine. That I know where it's been and what it's been through. So that's also why I'm excited about it.

Sounds a lot like me when I was looking. Take your time and get as much information as possible. The deals are out there just have to find them. I'm still excited about my purchase and I got it in December. Keep us posted

Another thing that kind or bugs me is the tiny gas tank. A 10 gallon tank and some new skis would be nice for 2012. :)

At any point does this sled seem not ever not have enough power? And how is the insurance. Being that they are a much larger displacement I'm sure most insurance ppl are not smart enough to realize the power to weight ratio

at 10,000ft going up hill my xtx seems a little sluggish stock. I am currently working on that problem :Rockon: That should also make my doo buddies shut their mouths :tg:

I was referring to us flatlanders at or around sea level ;)

My opinion is that it has a incredible engine with just the right tourqe / power. Not underpowered at all - at least not for trail riding at sea level.

The only reason i went with a turbo was to stand a better chance in the steep and deep riding with the mountain guys. Not because i felt it had too little power.

I had a mint 2003 Viper ER as my first sled, the suspension sucked in the bumps, but it was fast. The Nytro owns all in acceleration 0-60, I'm a torgue junkie and I think I met my match with my 2009 RTX SE...that things just pulls so dang hard on a packed trail...

Skeeterzx225 said:
I had a mint 2003 Viper ER as my first sled, the suspension sucked in the bumps, but it was fast. The Nytro owns all in acceleration 0-60, I'm a torgue junkie and I think I met my match with my 2009 RTX SE...that things just pulls so dang hard on a packed trail...
:4STroke:

I wish ppl would stop bringing ip vipers :(

That said. On the lake the xtx was quicker to 70 than the rtx. A rider the same weight as myself rode the 2 on the demo I actually thought the rtx with a little less weight would jump in the xtx but nope. From 10-70 and 40-70 the xtx was quicker.

Another thing I'll say is maybe it's yamaha or maybe it's 4 stroke but they don't SEEM like they pull hard like an etec. But you look down at the speedo and you are a bit surprised

Back