• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What/who is the nytro made for??

I put Sly Dogs or Powder Pros on every Doo I have ever owned - even the Pilot equipped ones. Stock skis suck for the most part - the Pilots are pushers in my experience. The trail tank is $230 or something - and I might get one - but the gas caddys are only $199 and double for extra storage. I've had no issues at all with the hyfax - mine look great at 600 some miles - so I'll probably replace once a season - same as my Doos.

Comatoast said:
No. That's the confusing part. Something keeps bringing me back to yamaha. :/

You need less reading and more riding! Only you know what you want so don't let what you read guide you on "your" decision. Its very simple, if you like it, buy it, if you don't, don't buy it. There's snow on the ground so go ride anything and enjoy it! Your worse then a woman shopping for a purse!

Dan

Sorry. Most women dont buy $12,000 purses without at least trying it out. The only thing I have been able to ride is yamaha. Doo and Polaris won't let you ride them at our dealers

Not to mention the 2 miles onthe etec on a lake isn't the same as an hour and a half on the trails like I had on the nytro

You're not going to be disappointed with either sled - differences between them are real but you will come to live with (and possibly like) the unique feel of each sled.

We have a local show in April showing off the new sleds. All but ski doo. I guess they're to food for the consumers. That is also when I'll make my preorder decision since I'll actually be able to see the 2012 nytro, odds are that's what it's gonna be

I have to disagree with 2 statements you made: Ski-Doo"s fit and finish is superior? Excuss me, what planet are you from? Fuel mileage is also a wash and seeing that the doo needs premium and the Nytro runs perfect on regular, I'd say the Nytro wins.
I have an 08 fx with close to 10000km, don't get me started on engine reliability with doo. Sure the Nytro has some drawbacks, but most can be remedied. I have about 1000km on my Hyfax that still look new by the way and my hands were on fire last weekend at -25c with my yamaheaters. Do us a favor and by your 600 e-tec and good luck! :die

I guess you missed a few of my posts before you threw your yamaha tantrum. fit and finish is opinion. I think the gades look better. So what. Motor reliability. I said doo makes a 4 stroke as well. My hands don't get cold period. I never use heaters so that's a wash. And yes we get plenty of days of 20 below air temp plus wind chill.

So while fanboys were dogging ski doo ( you being the worst so far ) acting like every 2 stroke is a pile of crap. I just mentioned hints that go wrong with the nytro.

Settle down dude maybe you didn't see the pics of the 2 yamahas in my garage. That should show somekind of loyalty or trust in the company that I'm even looking at their new sleds. If they threw on a bigger tank better skis and fixed he obvious hyfax issue that would be a huge start and an appreciation to the people forking out top dollar for their sleds. And like I said. Again. I'd be first in line.

No way in hell I should have to even consider slides, different bogies, or spend $600-$800 on a pair of skis after I just dropped $12k.

Camo - I'll make you a bet - within the first year of owning a Doo, you'll be buying new skis. A simple gas caddy that hold 2 / 1.5 gallon tanks addresses the fuel tank issue or you can pop a 10 gallon trail tank in there for $230. The hyfax may be an issue, depends largely on where you ride and the conditions I would guess because mine are fine after 600 some miles. I hope you take my advice and head over to dootalk and read up on the new XPs. They are great sleds - but trust me - you'll be spending cash modding the Doo too. And for the record, I wanted a new 600 e-tec X package but couldn't find one - so I bought this Nytro instead. I was NOT at all convinced after the first couple rides I'd made the right choice - but every time I go out I get more used to it. 8 years with nothing but Doos makes changing very hard. As I said, either way you are going to be happy. No sense getting bent about it.

I can imagine. That x package 600 etec was what I was dead set on as well. Then comes along the demo days and the nytro catches my eye. So the new doos are revealed feb 8, any word on the new yamahas?

Nytro is a sled for the aggressive kind of rider that likes to ditch bang or ride the rough stuff hard. Great sled for that that's for sure. Just a awesome sled. Power is great! I deff recommend getting some after market skis though. That will help as far as turning. Stock skis seem to dart. However I've heard form some other sites that people are using a double carbide.

Stock skis will work fine if you put dual carbides on IMO. But if you want to get on top of the powder, you'll need a wider ski. Pilot 6.9's are working real well for me on my XTX.

Dual carbides slow a sled down on top end. I would not want them on a sled that is not that strong on the top side IMHO.

Back