• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

whats a good vent kit?

Hey guys don't mean to hyjack the thread but how does that roest vent work? It seems like a lot of powder piles up in that area without it does that all melt and end up in the engine area?

bones said:
Hey guys don't mean to hyjack the thread but how does that roest vent work? It seems like a lot of powder piles up in that area without it does that all melt and end up in the engine area?
I have a tall windshield and never get snow on top of my Roest vent. Im not saying it cant happen but i love to powder ride and this has not been a issue. I can say lots of engine bay heat comes out thru there and I have never been close to getting the engine hot and it looks great with the speedo relocator! ;)!

Speedo relocator is great, It fits great up there and I almost forget that I did that. It is a must in powder because you can glance down and actually ready everything.

I have the regular windshield with the Roest vent and I get snow on it once in a while. Most must just blow away. I am usually a guy that worries and I haven't about that. I will say that when you stop and there happens to be snow on it every now and then you will have a small amount of melt that falls down. The only way I know this is you will hear the occasional sizzle for about a second. Never had a problem with it and never found a ice block inside or anything like that.

bones said:

I wondered the same thing when I first designed it. If it gets covered with snow it will stay that way until enough heat builds up underneath it to melt and clear it. It really works slick. Any moisture that gets through does not seem to affect anything. If I get a huge amount of snow up there I will usually brush away the excess and let the vent take care of the rest. I have not gotten any negative feedback from anywhere on this set up.

Thanks alot for the feedback. I like the looks and location makes sense since heat rises. I will be investing in one for sure!!

Here's some good pics.

Attachments

• vent 1.jpg
    vent 1.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 95
  • vent 2.jpg
    vent 2.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 97
  • vent 3.jpg
    vent 3.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 106

Back