• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's everyone running for ski's on their Vectors?

Irv

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 40th Anniversary Vector.
1995 XLT SP (Son's)
Thinking about updating my ski's to Arrow's, Curve or Pilot 5.7's, just curious what others are using or are you still using their stockers with some aftermarket carbides?

Also been told the Vectors handle better than the Apex's, any truth to that?

ski's

Stock ski's on both of our Vector's.Stud Boy Deuce carbides on one and Woody's duallies on the other.

Geezer

Re: ski's

Geezer 2 said:
Stock ski's on both of our Vector's.Stud Boy Deuce carbides on one and Woody's duallies on the other.

Geezer

Which do you like best, the Deuce's or Woody's?

Ski's

The first set of Woody's on my sled went four seasons and I would have went another but a couple of the welds on the bolts let go and I got a super deal on the Deuce bars at Novi. I put Woody's on my Wife's Vector because at that time I didn't have any saddle time with the Duece's. If I assume that they both last the same amount of miles and base my preference on performance I'm going to say that if I was still doing trips with the boy's I would prefer the Deuce as I think it gives me better turning ability. If I'm going to only ride with the wife which I have lately I think I prefer the Woody's as they are a little better on darting control and I think they take a little less arm strength to turn. If you are thinking of ski's becuase you want darting control I would certainly recomend dual runners and save the difference in price to go on another trip.

Geezer

Put Pilot 5.7's on my Warrior with 6" centre and 4" outer carbides, works well. Unfortunately, I did this before putting SnowTrackers on the stock skis on my Vector. The SnowTrackers are better in every respect. No darting whatsoever, corners as if on rails on hard pack and are easy to turn considering the looks of them. A little pricey to start with, but just can replace carbides later after buying the system and are much cheaper than a new set of skis.

The deuce bars work great on my Vector. I also ran them on my Nytro for a couple of years but went to Pilots last season. I didn't feel as if the Pilots were an improvement so I'm going with Arrows this year. I was going to try the Pilots on my Vector but decided not to because it handles fine the way it is.

Thanks for the info guy's, ;)!

I struggled with the handling on my Vector for 2 seasons. Then I scored a pair of Curve skis on Ebay. I wish I wouldn't have waited so long and wasted all of the good trails. The Curve skis are amazing and have solved all of the darting issues.

I run stock mountain skis with Stud Boy Deuce 6". Work okay. Don't have too much to compare to though...

I run the stock skis and have run 6" Doolies...2 pairs in 7800 miles. I think they turn hard but there is ZERO darting. My skis are shimmed too.

I wish I had the $$ to experiment with other carbides and/or skis. I need to replace my Doolies and am finding it hard to try a set of Duece bars. $100+ experiments wouldn't go over well with my banker! LOL!!

I did try a set of Doo Precision skis that a friend let me try a few years back. Took them off after 300 miles. Too much darting.

My .02

Really leaning towards the Curve ski's, did a google search yesterday and everything is very positive about them!

Hopefully I can make it to the Toronto Sled show this coming Oct and check them out as Curve indutries is going to be there. ;)!

I've run almost all brands of aftermarket skis. My 2010 Vector LTX GT has a set of Curves. They are a good ski. Sly dogs are also good as well as SLP's. Bergstrom triplepoint carbides are one of the best additions you can make to any setup. IMHO

studdog said:
I've run almost all brands of aftermarket skis. My 2010 Vector LTX GT has a set of Curves. They are a good ski. Sly dogs are also good as well as SLP's. Bergstrom triplepoint carbides are one of the best additions you can make to any setup. IMHO

Got any of the good ones you want to sell?

groomerdriver, Sorry, I usually sell my sled every spring and the ski's go with. This year because of crapper last winter and only 2500 miles on my 2010 Vector LTX GT I decided to keep this one. It is IMHO the best sled Yamaha has built for the high milege tourer. Too bad Yamaha made no changes to it for 2011. There's still room for improvement.

Back