• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Whats the best goggles out there?

i'm using spy blizzard (really like them), and a pair of fxr goggles, this is with a fxr adreniline helmet. any scott goggle i have tried will not fit my helmet. make sure you try the fitment of goggles before you buy. also recommend a no-fog or fog-evader mask ...i use a fog evader with good results

Smith snow piston goggles with nosepiece/wind deflector installed. Fits perfectly in my HJC CL-X5 sapien snowcross helmet. No air gets through. I wear the extreme mask balaclava Yamaha sells (made by no-fog) and I am warmer with this set up than I was with my old wedge style sno-force helmet or ski-dont modular.

OAKLEY OAKLEY OAKLEY!!!!
I'm the only one in our group of abou t6 riders that all wear MX helmats, ans I'm the only one that has NEVER FOGGED!!
I have the HJC AC-X3 Carbon helmet, a No-fog mask, and Oakley goggles.

Thanks for the info but I think I'm really not sure now what I'm going to go with. The cold was not an issue with the Smiths its just the snow dust. Just got back from the UP it was probaly -80 with the windshield and was not cold just couldn't see alot of times. By the way my hands never got cold with the Dumbo ears and with my klime gloves. They where not hot but where comfortable, I think I can officially take the gauntlets out of the back pack.

Attachments

• 0115091403a[1].jpg
    0115091403a[1].jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 0115091425[1].jpg
    0115091425[1].jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 109
Alatalo wrote;-"The prescription glasses, MX helmet and OTG goggle combination is basically the only one that offers zero problems, no matter what the conditions are."

What set up do I need?

I have the AC-X2 Chromium by HJC. Is this good for snowmobiling?

It was -20 C and was going to -30 C at night, still 10-15 below 0 F. I can't wear my glasses when its this cold. I have the BV2S but my glasses fog. I notice Alatalo's nose is sticking out under his glasses. That would freeze my nose off. LoL I drive out on the rivers at 100 MPH and then on trails at 25 to 100 MPH. I wear the balaclava when its colder than -10C.

Wouldn't the wind catch the visor when going fast?

After a bit I figuered out OTG was over the glasses...LoL

Attachments

• XTX.jpg
    XTX.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 93
I wear an AC-X2 with Progrip goggles and have absolutely no problems. Even when the weather drop far below 0 I still have no cold spots fogging or anything. I wear a no fog face mask- breath deflector.

Dustin

I wear a Z1R intake flame helmet with Scott voltage 3 snocross goggles, love this setup

Nytro40th said:
I wear a Z1R intake flame helmet with Scott voltage 3 snocross goggles, love this setup

This is exactly what I just started using and it works well, I had smith snow warp and they don't work for long and the vents let so much air in that my eyes were always tearing up

Spy's. I use the MX Alloy frames and the Targa II snow lenses. If I'm wearing my MX helmet I always do like Skidooboy said and carry 3 pairs with me. I have 2 different shades for sun and daytime and 1 clear lense for night time. I can't speak for other makes of goggles but I love my Spy's.

I sell Goggles, and I couldn't answer this question. The best goggle out there all depends on what you like.

I sell Adidas, Smith, and Bolle and while most people absolutely love the Adidas Yodai, some people find the frame a little too small.

Like I said it depends on your helmet, and viewing needs. Any decent pair (based on price point) should provide clear viewing and minimal fogging in addition to comfort.

I think the biggest difference between high end goggles is the lenses. While motorsports goggles generally have a minimal selection when it comes to colors etc, ski goggles offer lens choices for all kinds of differing conditions. Often times the frame is the same across the line, but the lens choices are much better. One such example is the Smith Fuel/Fuse. Same frame, but the ski goggle (Fuse) offers better color and lens choices.

I still like the Adidas Yodai's for the spherical design, but I wouldn't go so far as to say they are the best.

my problem is I havn't been able to find a place around me with a good selection to try out. So I'm stuck with the idea of buying and trying, hence all the research first. I'd love to get it right the first time.

Back