• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Whats the best goggles out there?

I was able to get a couple pairs of the Scott High Voltage3 X double lens ThermaMax OTG from Royal. They are supposidly a better fit for a wide variety of shapes... They were more in US dollars on Ebay than what I got them for in $CD. I like the nose cover. I got a wind block balaclava to go with them. I figuered they would be warmest being the most expensive. I'll let every one know what I think... I'm excited to try this out! As long as I block out all the wind I should have no problem. If the goggles let in too much air I'll plug a couple holes...

Remember driving with your lens partially open half blind with face freezing...LoL

Goddo said:
I sell Adidas
Can you give me some information about the model called ID2...? I have got friends that work with Adidas over here and they are pushing like hell to get the ID2 model into motorsports. For sure, they look trick with lots of features and even more lenses, but how do they work on a snowmobile...? What are the differences compared to the other models (by some reason, they push only for the ID2 model)...?

Alatalo said:
Goddo said:
I sell Adidas
Can you give me some information about the model called ID2...? I have got friends that work with Adidas over here and they are pushing like hell to get the ID2 model into motorsports. For sure, they look trick with lots of features and even more lenses, but how do they work on a snowmobile...? What are the differences compared to the other models (by some reason, they push only for the ID2 model)...?

Hey Alatalo,

The ID2 is a new model for this season, and because the information came late in the fall, I haven't sold a single pair yet. I only had one customer inquire. People in my neck of the woods are still interested in the Yodai, because they see a lot of us wearing them.

The ID2 looks like a great goggle. The style seems similar to the Yodai except for it doesn't seem as spherical in design. It has a detachable front piece on it with a small nose cone. Color selection is somewhat limited as compared to a Burna or Yodai. Lens selection is roughly the same as the Yodai and most models come with the LST Trail Silver lens installed. This lens is probably my favorite of all that I have tried. It's hard to imagine a lens that can brighten up the scenery will still providing UV and direct light protection. It's even adequate for grey/flat days when depth of field can be an issue.

Sorry I couldn't give you more information. I do see from my catalog that it won a Boardsports08 Award.

By the way, they are priced slightly higher than the Yodai. Pretty much on par with the Burna which took over as the top seller last year (Motocross had a lot to do with that).

I just rode for 2 days on tug hill with a Thor Chad Reed replica helmet and Smith moto warp goggles w/ a beak and neoprene 1/4 mask. I had zero snow dust problems. Anyone who rode there knows how bad the snow was. Like riding down a dirt road. You must have a leak around your baclava or they (the goggles.) don't fit inside your helmet. You may need a smaller frame goggle because the warp is quite big. I was very happy with my set up. Make sure the googles fit snug to your face.

Can someone that has the RU Outside fog-evader provide some feedback on it. I am seriously thinking about going to an MX style KLIM helmet, Scott goggles with the thermashield, and the RU outside fog-evader.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Alatalo said:
Goddo said:
The ID2 is a new model for this season
Thank you for the information. I was just trying to figure out if there is any chance to wear them together with my prescription glasses, kind of like Scotts OTGs.

Are you familiar with the performance insert. Many of the goggles manufacturers are offering them as a solution for riders with corrective lenses.

It's basically a small glasses frame face with prescription lenses in it. You snap it into the goggle and remove if you are wearing contacts etc.

I have one out in a set of Yodai's now. Similar fogging issues to that of glasses, but I'm working on a solution to that as well.

lucky7 I have been using the fog-evader head sock this year. It is by far the best head sock I have used. It fits nice and snug around the eyes. My only complaint is that it is cut a little short so your neck gets some wind. I have been wearing a fleece collar around my neck along with it, which works great. I think Dennis Kirk carries the same one. Maybe they have lengthened it since I purchased mine.

driftrunner said:
lucky7 I have been using the fog-evader head sock this year. It is by far the best head sock I have used. It fits nice and snug around the eyes. My only complaint is that it is cut a little short so your neck gets some wind. I have been wearing a fleece collar around my neck along with it, which works great. I think Dennis Kirk carries the same one. Maybe they have lengthened it since I purchased mine.

Great, thanks so much for the feedback. Right now I have a Castle coat, which basically has no collar so the wind protection sucks. I will be getting a new coat next year and have been scoping out the FXR coats. The collar on those coats seems to be much taller so hopefully it will provide better protection.

Thanks!

lucky_7 said:
Can someone that has the RU Outside fog-evader provide some feedback on it. I am seriously thinking about going to an MX style KLIM helmet, Scott goggles with the thermashield, and the RU outside fog-evader.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Lucky, I have the Fog Evader clava and love it. I used to use a no-fog with a balaclava, but now it's all together in one less step. Fit is fantastic and offers the same fog free riding as the no-fog.

I highly recommend.

By the way, they can be ordered online. My wife got mine online and put it under the tree. :Rockon:

Lucky, check out the castle-x platform coat. I have it and love it. Sure, I have to layer up underneath, but the collar comes up just below my ears, and when I want a lighter jacket its perfect. Got 3 pockets (1 inside), arm pit vents, awesome.

Back on topic, it seems for the long rides I do, I need a pair of scotts. I'll have to grab a set and try them out with verious helmet/balaclava combos.

Back