• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Whats the best pump gas power adder out there?

snownutz

Expert
Looking to put a turbo or supercharger on my sled this year. Want the best bang for the buck. Want to be on pump gas and needs to be dependable. Apreciate the feedback.

E-85 ethanol mix is the best you can fill in a Turbo machine

McXpress 270 with 19t turbo and get them to change jet in plenium black jets and get an Rb3 or something that control standar jets in motor and map about 25-30% more fuel some new remaping. AND THEN FILL IT UP WITH E-85 ethanol pump(lot more cheaper filling)and blend it out with 98 okt pump gasolin 70% E-85 and 30% pumpgasolin becouse in cold days it start easier THEN BOOST About 1,25 bar and you got 300 HP with filling in a pump station,and it is more safer due to detonation.
MCX has map for E-85 to the mcx-box they can mail it to your local Mcx-...
I will have soon a fix to start it up in realy cooooold days.
Now it starts easy up to -10 and when i have ready the fix then it will start up with no problem in -35-40, over that temprature i will not go and ride snowmobile :)
If you get a second mcx box and a map for 270kitt in it and a Rb3 then you can use map 2 in rb3 to switch over to standar map then the jets in motor is standar and switch over to second mcx box then you fill it up with just pump gas, then you have a flexi fuel Yamaha turbo machine!! :Rockon:
Exuse my english is not so good :)
www.youtube.com/user/Tarzannr1

Tarzan...that sounds way to complicated..and pricey...compared to Ulmers 180hp kit....I'd say bang for the buck goes to Ulmers, plus his customer service is top notch...if I had the cash I'd go that route...next option would be an MPI supercharger kit.

shaddow44 said:
Tarzan...that sounds way to complicated..and pricey...compared to Ulmers 180hp kit....I'd say bang for the buck goes to Ulmers, plus his customer service is top notch...if I had the cash I'd go that route...next option would be an MPI supercharger kit.
Wow thats alot of stuff ~ X2 shaddow44

:) Okey okey :)
Last year i started my seson with stock mcx 240kitt,but soon i got Turbo addicted this was over my head funny and a kick!! and i got to had some more..
I got it upgraded with Rb3,and then i wanted more :) upgraded again to 270 kitt and i started to feel like an Turbo junkey... i got to have mor becouse this is just more fun then i had expected and a kick i remembered when i used to skijump in big hills-
So i gotta have more and i talked to a friend of mine that have an Apex with 410 hp and he runs on E-85 and then of a sudden it runs on E-85 and some lots of serius horcepower and i am addicted to them ;)!

So when you start then you will always want some more kick and fun.
And if you got the money than go to the top :)

bottlerocket said:
shaddow44 said:
Wow thats alot of stuff ~ X2 shaddow44

Hehe and more to come, i love to spend money on my girls.. and have lots of fun with her :Rockon:

This did start out as the best PUMP gas power adder. Now your talking 400hp on E85. Let me think of the last time I seen E85 riding snowmobile in Michigan ~ oh never!!!! Your killing me. A simple question and now we have stand alones,400hp and adding fuel mixes to start it on cold days.

I would go for a supercharger, or ulmers 180hp turbo kit, and get that swtich I remember him talking about so you could still run it on 87 octane if you had to.

If you have the 4 year warranty and get a supercharger installed at hauck powersports in rice lake wi, you could probably still get them to cover it under warranty if the motor went boom boom. That would be the route I'd go, since I live so close to them, and they treat our whole family very well.

ulmers 180 kit is the choice for simplicity and drivability... for the trails...and its a turn key setup thats economical to buy and own...

for the difference in price to any other package theres nothing that comes close without headaches...he removes them for you..

Back