• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Whats the trick to get vortec to dump boost?

kinger

VIP Member
Website
www.piergenius.com
Ulmer was telling me about this but didn't quite remember how to do it or I didn't understand LOL.

Something about removing the small cone like air filter on the valve and plumbing it into the system with a valve on it. When you open the valve it would only allow 5 psi for when you get low octane gas or just want better mpg, close the valve and you get the same 10-11 psi. Your not changing the boost from the SC just how much is bypassed by the vortech.

Anybody got a diagram of how to plumb this; and a valve that will not leak?

Be great to turn it down a titch for 89 gas that I run into everyonce in awhile and get some storage back in the truck that is filled with two cans of torco right now. Also wouldn't mind running just 5 psi and getting better mpg in between a long gas stop.

Thanks!!

I've got my vortech on the charge pipe and a hks on side of intercooler, tried to set up the hks to adjust to limit boost to 5 or 7 lbs but cycled so badly was like riding a bucking bronc. same as you wanted to be safe for lower octane. I had trouble earlier this year with setting up the vortech, now tranistion from vac to boost is soo smooth, makes sled a dream to ride ;)!

Thanks, still looking for any forced air experts to help me with this.

If I can make sense of it, the air filter cone thing see atmosphere pressure then regulates the spring pressure so it can hold 10-11 psi.

If I apply boost to that it will essentially equal out and meet in the middle giving me 5 psi.

So if i run a barb fitting from where the cone is to "T" then from there on part of the "T" goes to the Intercooler and another to cone filter and somewhere in there a valve to make it see either the cone or the Ic pressure?

This right???

On my home made blower kit... I made this bypass valve thing bretty simple and efficient:

And a 2nd throttle cable to knob and voila and its adjustable.

just remove the copper vent from the bottom of the valve and plumb pressure from before the throttle bodies to it hook it up to intercooler. then use the screw on top to adjust boost leak.

Back