• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wheel kits

On my studded 2 stroke Yamahas I felt pretty strongly that 4th wheel kits were of value especially when studded. Without the 4th wheel kit the sides of the hyfax would wear and so would the sides of the lugs on the track. also with the 4th wheel it felt like the sled tracked straighter.

Maxximum performance has oversize wheel kits.
http://www.maxxperf.com/Prec_Ureth_Wkit.htm

I have always had the 4th wheel kit when running studs. There is alot more stress placed on the track when cornering and I truely beleive they are benificial. Some might think otherwise, but I do reccomend it. As far as the oversize rear wheel kits.......If you mean the 8" wheels, I to thought about them. Here is what I found out. The stock wheels are like 7-7 1/4" already. The dollar amount to gain a whole 3/4" was not worth it. I'm not going to gain that much HP. I'm not a professional racer so that tenth of a second means nothing to me. My thoughts are the stockers will be fine. My 2cents

Vince

I also have always had the 4th wheel kit on my SRX's and also on my 05 RX-1. I have no way of proving this, but it seems that you can run the track a tade looser and still not have as much ballooning at higher speeds. Just my opinion.

two freinds went out yesterday in warm weather (near freezing) one ATTAK and one Apex mountain... No slides left on either after 200 miles... there wasn't that much snow but not that little... I have full clips on my ATTAk and if my slides use up fast: i'm going to hyperfax and 4th wheels...
RASH

I was thinking of the 8" rear wheel kit to untill i read the article in snow tech mag. They claim the big wheel's on the 121" track sled's will not hold a consistant track tension as it goes through it's travel, It changes it's geometry to the point of limiting the travel do to the track getting tighter as it goes further in to it's travel. I would go fourth wheel but would want more info on the big wheel's. I think Mr sled ran the big wheel's on his RX maybe he can shed some light. kviper

Back