• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where everyone at?

I run the BOP ez steer also, I think it works good, I still would like to try the eps out. Some say it’s a game changer

Well I got to put 100 Miles on today, but it was a customers sled he wanted me to shake down and ready it for the season with clutching and tuning. Maybe wasn't a good comparison as it was a 2018 SE that rode like a buckboard and steered just too stinking hard on the old tuner skis, but I got a chance to ride my buds 22 LTX-GT with power steering and what a dreamboat that thing is. Rode soooo fricking good and steered so easy it felt like the sled was literally 150 lbs lighter. I fell in love with it.

I did what I could with softening up the SE, but if I had to ride that thing I thing with that suspension and those skis, I'd give up riding. What I can tell of the GT with power steering, is it is far better than what the Apex ever had, I was extremely impressed with it! Now I'm pissed my SRX is not here yet.

Hey Yamaha, WHERE IS MY SRX?????

Last edited:

Well I got to put 100 Miles on today, but it was a customers sled he wanted me to shake down and ready it for the season with clutching and tuning. Maybe wasn't a good comparison as it was a 2018 SE that rode like a buckboard and steered just too stinking hard on the old tuner skis, but I got a chance to ride my buds 22 LTX-GT with power steering and what a dreamboat that thing is. Rode soooo fricking good and steered so easy it felt like the sled was literally 150 lbs lighter. I fell in love with it.

I did what I could with softening up the SE, but if I had to ride that thing I thing with that suspension and those skis, I'd give up riding. What I can tell of the GT with power steering, is it is far better than what the Apex ever had, I was extremely impressed with it! Now I'm pissed my SRX is not here yet.

Hey Yamaha, WHERES MY SRX?????
Now you see what I've been saying about EPS, I had EPS on the 2016 Venture and it helped allot. On my STX-GT I put on the GSE EPS and it's pretty sweet, I has some issues at first but GSE fixed me up. Your elbows and shoulders are going to thank you for EPs on the new sled. I'm not dead at the end of the day and tendonitis doesn't flare up. Joe

So....a few weeks ago I was out on a business trip to NYC and when I came home it was snowing out like crazy and my wife told me to park my truck in the driveway as she had moved some boxes in my stall within the garage. I get out of my truck and walk into the garage to see a new 2023 Sidewinder LTX LE with power steering sitting in my spot! I was so confused as to how and why I had a new 2023 sitting there. I knew there was no way in hell she bought me a Sidewinder, since I already have one. Long story short, I come to find out one of my co-workers bought me one!!! (Long story on that one!). He had called like 20 dealers and found one that somebody must have backed out on. Super cool as my son can now have my '19 and I get the one with Power Steering. I have about 500 miles on it now up here in the Northwoods of WI. All I can say is WOW!!! Today I jumped back and forth with my '19 and my '23, as I had thought my setup was really good on my '19. I couldn't wait to get back on the '23. The Power Steering is that good. The tight twisties are so much fun again! Makes the sled feel 150 lbs lighter for sure in the twisties.....but super stable in the high speed corners that the Sidewinder does so well. Complete game changer in my opinion! Can't believe I got this lucky and was gifted this beautiful machine!
image_6487327 (4).JPG

Last edited:
So....a few weeks ago I was out on a business trip to NYC and when I came home it was snowing out like crazy and my wife told me to park my truck in the driveway as she had moved some boxes in my stall within the garage. I get out of my truck and walk into the garage to see a new 2023 Sidewinder LTX LE with power steering sitting in my spot! I was so confused as to how and why I had a new 2023 sitting there. I knew there was no way in hell she bought me a Sidewinder, since I already have one. Long story short, I come to find out one of my co-workers bought me one!!! (Long story on that one!). He had called like 20 dealers and found one that somebody must have backed out on. Super cool as my son can now have my '19 and I get the one with Power Steering. I have about 500 miles on it now up here in the Northwoods of WI. All I can say is WOW!!! Today I jumped back and forth with my '19 and my '23, as I had thought my setup was really good on my '19. I couldn't wait to get back on the '23. The Power Steering is that good. The tight twisties are so much fun again! Makes the sled feel 150 lbs lighter for sure in the twisties.....but super stable in the high speed corners that the Sidewinder does so well. Complete game changer in my opinion! Can't believe I got this lucky and was gifted this beautiful machine!
View attachment 170498
Wow! Thats awesome! Question. Did you put the Tuning fork on the Spindles? I like it!

Hey Yamaha, WHERE IS MY SRX?????
I only have 175 miles on my EPS Tcat and would never go back to a non EPS sled. The EPS changes everything in ride and handling quality.

View attachment 170498

You are one lucky man for sure!

Congrats. And I agree with you. The EPS is a game changer on this sled for sure! I never liked the power steering on the APEX, but this sled is impressive!

If I had EPS I would put the deepest single keel skis with baddess carbide. I'm thinking C&A's and everlaster carbide or snowtrackers without the correctors. Imagine the possibility!

Everlaster is a snowtracker carbide without the U blade. I have to wonder if it would dart. I plan to run Aggressive Snowtrackers once I get my SRX. Nothing better!

Same company and both made the same but I think the carbide on the aggressive snowtracker is deeper.

Same company and both made the same but I think the carbide on the aggressive snowtracker is deeper.

Maybe, I bet they use the semi-aggressive for the everlaster blade then and not the aggressive. Would be interesting to see if it still darts or tracks without the u-blades. I HATE darting!!!!! My neck can't take it.

For you riders using the BOP Manual Power Steering, did you notice the reduction in turning radius?
Would you install it again if starting over?

For you riders using the BOP Manual Power Steering, did you notice the reduction in turning radius?
Would you install it again if starting over?

Bob,
Yes, they have a reduction in turning radius but its so worth it. I run in hole #2 with stock tie rods and would do it again. It makes the steering much easier. When I use the Aggressive Snowtrackers along with the BOP arms its like having power steering, and I also run no preload on my stock front arm spring in the rear suspension, only enough to hold the retainer on. Using tuner skis it still steers like a dump truck with this much ski pressure.

My 2019 X-TX LE has the dog bone spindles and the single keel skiis with QS3 shock all around. I run no spring tension on my front shock as well and it all works very well with not too much steering effort and very little tracking.
Travis just brought out the MPS kits for the Dog Bone spindles this year and I am thinking of trying it for those days when the trails are hard and rutted up.

ski.JPG
ski2.JPG

Back