• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where to Mount Ice Scratchers

4strokesteve

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2005 Yamaha Venture RS
Hi everyone. I just purchased a 2005 Venture RS and am totally in love with the machine. I want to mount a set of ice scratchers (probably cable style) but there aren't any pre-drilled holes in the rail. So would I just drill a hole in the rail and mount them or am I missing something? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Hi everyone. I just purchased a 2005 Venture RS and am totally in love with the machine. I want to mount a set of ice scratchers (probably cable style) but there aren't any pre-drilled holes in the rail. So would I just drill a hole in the rail and mount them or am I missing something? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

You will have to usually drill a hole to mount them.

I bought a set from straight line performance along with the mounts that go on the a arm and they work fantastic. They are cable scratchers and i have gone over rr tracks no problem. No problems going in reverse also. Loaded on trailer no problem with them down.

My own two cents I like mine mounted to my ski's rather then my tunnel. Barn of Parts makes some cool brackets to mount onto the skis.

mounted 5 of the duraflex cable types on attaks,vectors. forward on skid in a hole a bolt was thru. took the bolt out and installed duraflex. thousands of miles back forward you name it. no issues. simple and effective

Back