• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where's the snow !!

MNUser said:
I'm with Mad Russian. Every winter we get our hopes up high and the end result is the same. No snow and a lack of winter. I'm not sure what to make of it. This is going to be the first brown Christmas I can remember.

Every year I say I'm selling the snowmobiles but I don't do it. I don't know what I would do. Ice fishing sucks, our ski hill is sh!t, what else does one do????

Not sure what to make of it... It's called global warming. It's not going to get better. In 20 years we will be wishing for winters like this one.

Change

Unfortunately I have to agree with you. I just wish people would just come to a consensus and agree that the climate is changing and it is not for the better in my eyes. Once we can agree on that, without pointing fingers, maybe the people of this planet can come to some agreement one what needs to be done.

Even if started making changes today, I would not see the results of the changes during my lifetime. It is going to DECADES to reverse the damage.

Winter of 1994.
I remember it clearly as it was my first brand new out of the crate sled.
$8700 out the door with a black vmax 600.
Anyway around here... It didn't get cold or snow until Jan. 6th

mach9 said:
Winter of 1994.
I remember it clearly as it was my first brand new out of the crate sled.
$8700 out the door with a black vmax 600.
Anyway around here... It didn't get cold or snow until Jan. 6th

I also purchased my first new sled that year. An Arctic Cat. That was a terrible year for snowmobiling. It just never snowed. My next new sled I purchased in 1997 (also an Arctic Cat) and we had another terrible winter. It was 62 degrees here on Christmas day and I barely got in 1000 miles on my new sled. My third new sled was a Yamaha which I purchased in 2007 and we had an amazing snowfall that year so it looked like I had broken the AC curse. But with all of the people buying the new Cats this year, I think the AC curse has been reinstated.

Oh you pups, my first new sled was in 73. It was a 340 Scorpion Brut ($1800.). Back in those days growing up in Southern Ontario during the winter meant 12ft snowbanks and they used snowthrowers attached to the front of salter/sander tandems to tunnel the roads in the country on the way to Collingwood!!!
I know your saying and I bet he had to walk uphill both ways to school wearing his dads pyjamas. LOL Your right

MNUser said:
Unfortunately I have to agree with you. I just wish people would just come to a consensus and agree that the climate is changing and it is not for the better in my eyes. Once we can agree on that maybe the people of this planet can come to some agreement one what needs to be done.

Even if started making changes today, I would not see the results of the changes. It is going to DECADES to reverse the damage.

Well said.

climate change is a myth. Last year at this time I had 4 feet of snow.
Somebody other than you (or me) is making money on this idea.

John Dee says we are in a classic El Nino pattern even though there is a La Nina event in the Pacific. Strange for sure.

krysFly said:
climate change is a myth. Last year at this time I had 4 feet of snow.
Somebody other than you (or me) is making money on this idea.

I can understand that idea completely. Lets say it is and global warming is just that, a myth.

But, lets also look at the idea that it is not a myth and we are having an affect on the climate and it is a negative one.

Either way you look at, cleaning up our environment can have nothing but a positive effect on all of us. The burning of fossil fuels pollutes the environment we all live in and that I think we can all agree on. Why not change the way we look at fossil fuels and see what affects it has on us. Seems to me a no-brainer.

What I don't understand is this. Why people from all walks of life can't agree on the fact that our planet is getting warmer and those changes will affect us all.

I just don't want to see my grand children's, children inherit a planet that they had nothing to do with.

We can blame my father, or at least I'm going to, he bought a new Apex. Everytime one of us buys a new sled we get a late start on snowfall.
"Dammit Dad" lol

Its not even christmas yet guys. Around here at least, we haven't had good rideable trails before christmas for the past several years...besides last year, which kinda spoiled everyone.

I might just sell the sled at the end of this year. Buy a cheaper sled. Sucks sitting on a 13k+ sled 9 months out of the year and only riding for 3 months if I'm lucky.

yeah right, I'm too stupid to do that!

The earth has its cycles. We used to be in a two season climate. Hot and wet millions of years ago. The earth is warming up no doubt. But we cant do anything about it. This will continue for hundreds of years its just a cycle.

January we are going to grt piss pounded with snow..

Stay Positive!!!

I'm not sold on the Global Warming or Global Cooling thing...I just think the earth cycles itself and that's just the way it is.
I think it's kind of pompus of us to think that we are tthe cause of the climates changing. Just my opinion though. I'm sure I'll get blasted on this...

Groomers were out in Hearst, Kapuskasing, Smooth Rock Falls. Soon to be going out in Iroquois Falls. Timmins will be out shortly I hope, got good freezing weather and about 10 to 12 inches of snow.

Back