• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

which 4 stroke would be like the 2 stroke ride?

hereismylife

VIP Member
I am wondering which model 4 stroke would ride like a viper or vmax deluxe? I guess I want a ride like a expert x.

I was looking around and trying to figure out if I got my first 4 stroke what would be nice to have. Also I am looking at I only want a model that has efi if that matters..

thanks

Kråkan said:
2010 vector or Apex. The mono skid is a smooth ride.

So then the older apex or vector will be about the same? I will have to start with a older 4 stroke because it is to much $$$ for the new ones :o|

2010 is the first year the Vector has the FI. Before then it's carbs. First FI sled 4-stroke was the 06 Apex. Then came the 07 Phazer, 08 FX Nytro, 09 RS Venture and finally the 10 Vector. At least that's what my teflon coated memory is telling me.

Like I said I know nothing about the 4 strokes yet. How does the fi vrs the carbs work out. Are the fi that much better?

j_k_auto said:
Like I said I know nothing about the 4 strokes yet. How does the fi vrs the carbs work out. Are the fi that much better?

I feel it's going to make a big difference on this model sled. Not that the carbed one was bad, but the throttle response will pick up, possible better mpg too. I have heard anywhere from 4-7mph faster from what I have read in some articles. Yamaha also claims about a 15% increase in midrange. Should be a very nice trail sled and IMO would be closest to a Viper for trail riding. I have ridden with a 2007 Vector GT. Good sled.....keep in mind this is in the first generation Vector chassis..... but I could rail my Viper better in the trails. After 2007 they have been in the gen II or delta box II chassis which fits an aggressive riding style much better IMO. My Viper tended to be faster up top too than the 2007 GT....but his was getting faster after it broke the 1000 mile mark. The carbs have a tendancy to gum up during summer storage too. You need to drain them or treat the gas well over the summer.

I too have pondered this same question being I still own a Viper. The cost factor is too high for me too. I only get to ride on about two major trips a season. This area does not hold enough snow anymore. $10+ K is alot of dough to stick into a machine that I am lucky to achieve 800-1000 miles a year on. I too have been searching the used 4 strokes but continue to think: "which one will work best for me." At the moment I think a 144" Nytor XTX might be a good option for myslef.

Yea that is where I am at but the money is to much. I would like to buy one as a spare ( female drivin ) Need something like a venture setup. I do think the nitro is a alwsome sled but have to wait years for that. Also they are kinda small for what I am looking for. I don't mind the bigger chassis but I will only get one that has FI

Thanks guys for the input.

anyone else

I came from a 02 viper sx to a 06 apex rtx. I would never go back! More power and a much better ride.

sniperviper said:
I came from a 02 viper sx to a 06 apex rtx. I would never go back! More power and a much better ride.

Did you ever run a expert x suspension? Is the ride kinda the same?

I went from a 03 Viper ER to my 03 RX1-ER and I would never go back to two stroke! Dont get me wrong the Viper was an awesome sled, but the RX1 is that much better. The carbs are no more an issue then they were on your two strokes, if you stablize the fuel there are no problems. I have not ridden a EFI sled to say if there is much of a difference, however since I am a Master automotive tech since the mid 70's I will say there are many advantages to EFI as well as some disadvantages. If $$ is an issue I would not let that stop me from buying a carbed 3 or 4 holer 4 stroke, you will not be sorry.
:4STroke: :yam: :rocks:

Did you ever run a expert x suspension? Is the ride kinda the same?

The expert-x is a great performance suspension. It is way better than the pro-action in the Viper. It is quickly and easily adjustable on the trail, and is very good in the bumps. It is not as plush as the M-10 or the Mono, but is better than both for hook-up and stability for an aggresive rider. I had a 2002 Viper and currently have a 2003 RX-1 with an M-10 and a 2004 RX-1 stretched to 136" with an expert-x. It is a great suspension, but if you are just looking for the plushest ride on the trail, the M-10 is your ticket.

Back