• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Which Ram Air Kit?

Cluney

VIP Member
I have an mbrp exhaust on my apex mountain now and I want more sound and better airflow. Which ram air kit should would you guys recommend? I do not want the stealth one that Ulmer offers, I want the one that gives it a louder bark. Where would I order it from? Hope you guys can help.
Thanks.

Mighty said:
Make your own. You can get the fabric cheap directly from outerwears. I bought a 12x12 sheet for $10.00.

http://www.outerwears.com/

I dont think I would be able to make my own, is it easy?

2BLUE4U said:
Fix Powersports has one and it adds bark!...add a power commander too!

How hard is it to switch over for the fix powersports ram air kit/cold air intake? And is it safe for the engine?

Fix's kit works well and is an easy install, just swap the tops, its just pricy. Engine runs rich so adding more air leans it out just right.

Making you own is simple. Just cut out the 4 raised sections of the lid and apply the fabric over the openings to keep the snow dust out.

I bought a cheap car air filter (flat) and took off the aluminum mesh and attached the fabric to it and placed it over the cut outs. The mesh keeps the fabric from being sucked in.

Mighty said:
Fix's kit works well and is an easy install, just swap the tops, its just pricy. Engine runs rich so adding more air leans it out just right.

Making you own is simple. Just cut out the 4 raised sections of the lid and apply the fabric over the openings to keep the snow dust out.

I bought a cheap car air filter (flat) and took off the aluminum mesh and attached the fabric to it and placed it over the cut outs. The mesh keeps the fabric from being sucked in.

Ah and do it work just as well? The gain and bark?

Cluney said:
Mighty said:

Ah and do it work just as well? The gain and bark?
Sounds down right knarly and will allow you to slowly walk away from an identacle non ram air kit sled.

Ram air

Mine came from ebay, $150. It makes the sled loud when you want to and they come in diffrent colors. :bling

Attachments

• !B,,kGRwB2k~$(KGrHgoH-EUEjlLl0EpmBKrWbm24pw~~_12.jpg
    !B,,kGRwB2k~$(KGrHgoH-EUEjlLl0EpmBKrWbm24pw~~_12.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 94
I did a serch and it seems to be gone but Mighty is right there not hard to make. Ithink ROCKERDAN has some pics and how to do it.

Cluney said:
I have an mbrp exhaust on my apex mountain now and I want more sound and better airflow. Which ram air kit should would you guys recommend? I do not want the stealth one that Ulmer offers, I want the one that gives it a louder bark. Where would I order it from? Hope you guys can help.
Thanks.

do a search on ram-air, ROCKERDAN, has a great post about building one

I made my own out of a K$N dryfilter and some metal screen from the hardware store.. cost 30 bucks and looks killer (has big K&N symbol on front) took 1 hr to make, cut out the airbox with a dremel and riveted everything together.

You can pm me your email i can send you some pics if you want

do you want to add air or take away thru the pod? I have no hesitation right now with the low speed pod adjustment set at 0 or stock setting? Any ideas?

Back