• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Which suspension do you recommend for my Apex?

My rails are bent up in the rear, it burns sliders in about 500 miles. If you want to work out a deal for the shock, pm me your phone number. It is a fresh rebuild with zero miles on it from Hygear. I'll never put the mono skid back in. I was just keeping it to put in the sled if I sell it.

guardrail said:
I bought the trail pro package for my sled before I bought the zx2.
http://www.hygearsuspension.com/RevalvePackagePage.pdf
It includes dual springs on front and rear, hy low valves on the front and complete revalves. It was around $1500 for everything. It worked great but I still kept breaking w-arms, rails, and burning up sliders. I'm almost positive he keeps all of the setups on record. When I first bought the setup, I sent the rear shock back to get a little stiffer valving on the bottoming stage. Just use my name and tell him you want my setup.

your right down the road from me,i live by corky's.
did you ever run into anybody using the zx2 skids?
I thinking about getting one.

I live about a block from the tank on South Valley.
I put a zx2 in my sled this year. I read the review on the zx2
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=53557
It was pretty convincing.
At first it was too soft on the big stuff for my riding style, but since the hygear revalve it's perfect.
I'm heading to tughill this weekend, if you want to meet up in forest city or tughill let me know, you can try it out.

guardrail said:
I live about a block from the tank on South Valley.
I put a zx2 in my sled this year. I read the review on the zx2
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=53557
It was pretty convincing.
At first it was too soft on the big stuff for my riding style, but since the hygear revalve it's perfect.
I'm heading to tughill this weekend, if you want to meet up in forest city or tughill let me know, you can try it out.
next week i could probably meet you in forest city ,as long as we get some cold air and they can salvage the trails.will be good if its cold and we get 6" or so next week.
I rode up whintey point last week,they have/had amount of snow,
we rode with a couple locals my friend use to race with and they tried
some trails they were never on before.It was 50/50 the trails that were in good shape were awsome and the trails that were bad were iced up turns
and ditch banging.
my friend rode broome county the week before and said they were great.
the trails in cortland and north were nice,they have lots of snow.
let me know how you make out up the hill,probably going to head up to cranberry lake and ride south to the hill in about 2 weeks.

So now I decided to extend my current mono skid from 121" to 144"
I´ve already purchased the extensions and a new track. Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions, everybody!

I´ll settle for this for now, let´s see if I make something totally different in the future.

Well, new thoughts and plans for summer 2012.

Has anyone tried a Doo Summit skid on Apex? I´ve noticed that they sell rev summit skids for cheap! Will that hold under an Apex, can it take any kind of trail punishing? Of course I´ve thought of installing some reinforcements, because it doesn´t look very durable to my eye but I might be wrong.

I´m looking for 151" skid which I´m goint to strect to 155" with rail extensions or maybe moving the skid backwards or do both. I´d really love to get Camoplast Peak next winter..

Any thoughts on these?

Back