• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

While waiting for my APEX... I'll play with my OTHER toy...

ApexGT2006

What will you guys do this summer, any particular toys ????

Photo368.jpg

DCP_2487.jpg

Photo186.jpg

Factory Five Racing. 2305 pounds, 351W with lots of mods, 440-450HP. Tires still spin at 60MPH. It's fun enough to waith until next winter for my APEX.

RX1Tahoe, what brand is yours ?

Beautifull car, love the color! I built mine 15 years ago. My first kit was from Classic Motor Carriages they went belly up. The second one, which I have now is from Classic Auto replicar, they went bankrupt too. I wish I bought a Factory Five first.

I also have a 351W pumped to 375HP. All black. What rear end do you have? Did you build it yourself or turnkey?

No kit here, the real thing from 1968 ;)!

She's getting a new clutch in a few weeks to help harness her 450 horses :flag:
This is actually a picture of my buddies 71, they are identacle except he has a rear luggage rack and BF Goodrichs, I have Eagle GT's.

Attachments

• 71_vette1[1].jpg
    71_vette1[1].jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 139
Mighty, I would have bought an original AC Cobra, but I was missing a little bit of cash... just $290,000 out of the $350,000US for an original '66 AC 427.

Tahoe, I have to say I was really pleased with Factory Five Racing, they sold over 5000 AC kits. I built it myself. From the frame up. You get so much satisfaction when you're driving it knowing that you did it by yourself... Probably more satisfying than buying a real 1968, anyone can do that (Mighty... kidding !!! )

Apexaholic, Yamaha aren't taboo... you still see many SRX's triples... Usually, guys in Quebec LOVE performance abd FAST sleds... not too say that an RX1 is not fast... but I guess we were all waiting for something a bit.... faster.
If Arctic Cat would've come out with a 1000cc this year in a CrossFire or else... I would've stayed true to Cat. But when I say the ApexGT... , I knew I just HAD to get me one o' those. I might HAVE to put some power adders to ride with my buddy's MachZ, but I have many many options, plus better fit and finish, plus a sled that you won't see many of them, plus Yamaha quality.

SIMICH,, I bought it when the exchange rate was not to bad (much better these days), and I had a budget of 35-37K. YEAH RIGHT!!!

Problem is to keep it real... by the time you want a fuel cell, coil over front and back, AutoMeter guages, polished intake,... you loose sight of your budget. As far as parts, body work, the engine build,... all together... aroung $58K (no labor cost on my part), evaluation $72K

Thanks....Yeah...that's why I asked. If you talk to the shops they will tell you one number and talk to the guys that build them and they will tell you it's higher.

I guess it's easy to get carried away with those things. One day.... ;)!

ApexGT2006 said:
I built it myself. From the frame up. You get so much satisfaction when you're driving it knowing that you did it by yourself... Probably more satisfying than buying a real 1968, anyone can do that (Mighty... kidding !!! )

I completely agree and was simply busting your balls. However, there is also satifaction knowing you are driving something original from the factory that is almost 40 years old and still will rock and roll with the best of them.

Back