• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WHO HERE JUMPED SHIP TO YAMAHA THIS YEAR??

I switched this year from 2002 XCR 800 Polaris. After A friend bought a 05 RX1 & stayed with me most of the time not to mention repair costs fuel & oil it was a no brainer I now have a Apex ER blue

Switched

:yam: :4STroke: I switched two years ago with a Viper... Rod Ski Doo from the early 80's and prior to that I owned a Rupp Yankee 25.....
Loved my Viper and I know I will love my Vector GT even more......

I switched from DOO, riding a REV 800. Yamaha has shown me something new (Apex GT), that is worth trying. I am very excited for my new sled and I can't wait for snow.

Tork said:
dave583 said:
Rode doos for the last 10 years. If i'm not overly impressed with the attack I will go back to doo

Fair enough. What were the 3-4 things that brought you over if I may ask?For example is styling of the sleds a factor?

1.First thing is i rode one in the spring at a dealer demo. The throttle response and power blew me away.
2. Gas Mileage- price of gas and oil will be better on a 4 stroke.
3. Engine reliability- Doo was having some ring problems for a while and I dont have enough time to be down for repairs come winter.
4. Hyfax wear- word is that the hyfax go a lot longer on these sleds.
5. Suspension- adjustable dial with Ohlins shock and 1.25 ripsaw track.
6. They look hot
7. Positive feedback- everyone who has ridden one has come away a fan.

Concerns
1. Weight- They are still the heaviest out there. People say you cant feel it, guess we'll have to wait and see.
2. Parts- I have owned other Yamaha products, PWC, Motorcycle, etc... Waiting for parts to come in has been very frustrating. Could lose a whole season waiting for something stupid.
3. Ride height- That seat looks high. I hope they are not too tippy. I didnt have any trouble on the demo I rode but that was only for 10 minutes.

Thats about it

cat for many year's(16) last sled was a 03 zr 900 that i love.it's just that i wanted a new sled and cat has nothing to offer for me so,after seeing the apex and all the quatilty you get for the $$$.how can you go wrong.and it look's awesome...al

zr900/650twins said:
cat for many year's(16) last sled was a 03 zr 900 that i love.it's just that i wanted a new sled and cat has nothing to offer for me so,after seeing the apex and all the quatilty you get for the $$$.how can you go wrong.and it look's awesome...al

Al, where do you live??????????? I know an Al that lived in Dayooper then moved under the bridge.. He was a die-hard cat guy.. MM. :ORC

Comin over from Doo. Two years on a 2004 500ss. Loved the sled, but was ready to try a 4-stroke. Three things kind of swayed me to sell my sled. Hyfax wear plain sucked. (2) sets in a 1000 miles. High oil consumption, and just couldn't trust the precision skis. I hated going into a corner and wonder if you going to make it thru it. They were very inconsistent w/ snow conditions.

Been riding since 1973,started witha Polaris 295 charger, since then its been cats. Never had any issues with them. Riding more now and the quality that Yamaha is suppose to be will mean I should be able to keep the machine longer. The oil or no oil is kind of nice, less gas. I now will have room on my trips for clean under wear and more money for the girls!
Still calling the dealer weekly, waiting.....

Dont worry about the weight... if anything it makes it feel more stable at high speeds compared to the lighter two stroke sleds!

Actually when you figure the sleds are riden full of fluids.. the Yamis arent as heavy as you might think..seeing the apexs only hold 10.1 gallons of gas! when F7s hold 12.5 and some sleds even more!

Apex GT on the way after riding Polaris for the past 10 years. Why did I change?

1. Apex has perfect riding positon for me, and great shock package on the GT.

2. Apex looks awsome!

3. The Apex cockpit (guages and tank area) in terms of looks and functionality is lightyears ahead of what everybody else has.

4. Reliable high miliage high performace motor.

Switched in Jan 05 from Doo 05 mach z. Lots of quality problems, BRP still has not fixed. Bought 05 warrior loved sled. 06 attak being picked up today! studdog

welterracer said:
Dont worry about the weight... if anything it makes it feel more stable at high speeds compared to the lighter two stroke sleds!

Actually when you figure the sleds are riden full of fluids.. the Yamis arent as heavy as you might think..seeing the apexs only hold 10.1 gallons of gas! when F7s hold 12.5 and some sleds even more!
So how much is a gallon of gas?

Back