• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who is Happy with their Nytro???? Tell me!

I was happy until this season. The more I rode it, ('08 FX Nytro RTX) the more I hated it's awful ride.

It's just plain not meant for a nice long trail ride. It's strictly meant for bashing.

I love mine! The only thing that I don't like is the crappy un-heated grips, I wear mitts now and no more cold hands, problem solved!

I don't know why everyone says the Nytro is no good for long trail rides?? I have been on a few 200+km days on mine and find it great. I rarely sit but on longer relaxing rides I can sit back and cruise in comfort. That's the thing I love about the Nytro, you can sit and enjoy the ride but when it gets rough just move forward or stand up and let 'er rip!

I am really happy with my Nyro so far. Only put 650 miles on it so far.

But it needed some major tweeks and money to get to where I like it.

Trail tank
Hygear springs
6.9 Ski Doo pilot skis
Shaper 6" carbides
114 1.450" Woody's Studs
RSI Hand warmers
Tall windshield
Suspension tuning
Belt gard bag, handlebar bag, and Skinz bag for more storage
AC outlet

The more I ride and the more I tinker with suspension settings the more I love it!! I started out this year on my first real ride of the year with my best ride ever on my Nytro. I think it is a very comfortable sled for high mileage groomed trail riding, seating position is simply awsome I will say it is a little harsher then I would like on the small to intermediate chop. On the flip side it likes to be pushed in the rough and handles it well and rarely bottoms. My problem with it is when you start to push it in the twisties, just doesn't seem to give me confidence but I am hoping my suspension tweaks have helped that as well. I realize that body roll will always be a problem but I need to cure the push when riding hard. The motor is unequaled IMO. Throttle response is out of this world and for a 600 class sled it pulls real hard, makes some bigger HP seds wonder what the hell happened off the line and while the do usually go by it takes a while. I was hoping for more then 95-100mph out of it but I can live with it, my 03 rev would hit 100-105 depending on conditions and my Fusion 102-108, was expecting about the same from a 130-140hp range sled. Belt life has been awesome, 1400 miles on the original belt with quite a bit of drag racing and I changed it just because, it still looked great. My Rev would chew one up every 700-800 miles or so and my Fusion used to eat a 080 belt about every 300-400 but since Poo came with the new 115 ($150 belt OUCH) I have gone 1200 or so with out issue. On our little 90 mile ride we took on Sunday I had a chance to switch between my Nytro and my wifes Fusion a few times so my brother in law could ride both and it gave a chance to compare. We rode groomed ditches for the most part so there were no twisties but the ditches were nice for the most part with a few areas that were getting choppy with finger drifts and such. My bro in law and I agreed, we would both sooner ride the Nytro. It handled the rough much better, and begged to be goosed coming off the crossings to get a little air. The Fusion was bottoming quite often and the Nytro maybe bottomed once. I have gotten it to chase zero ruts so thats nice and took care of the squirrely feeling I was unhappy with last year, dare I say it felt stable??? The motor is so smooth it can't help but make you smile, the Fusion will make your hands and feet itch it vibrates so bad. I will say the Nytro is the coldest snowmobile I have ever rode and I have a 8" shield on the Fuse. i cannot believe Yamaha sold it with a hood ornament for a windshield. Will be getting a taller one as soon as I can. Guess I am pretty happy

Love my Nytro XTX with exception for stock shock valving.. Hopeing to see a huge improvement once re-valved by Pioneer performance..

Love my Nytro, made some mods to it but I don't leave anything I own alone so I know I would be doing the same if I was on any other brand. As of now this has been the best all around sled I have owned/rode. Yes there seems to be some minor naging issues with these machines but the simplicity of the 4stroke is sooo nice. I wouldn't mind having a 2stroke in the stable for more off trail stuff, the first year I had the Nytro I didn't really notice the wieght or I didn't want to admit it but off trail it lacks flickability. Gotta love not worring about finding/adding oil.

I love my nytro! it is ir-replacible! and fast! only thing that beats me is a super/turbo charged Yamaha, read mods below. and it had been way better to me than my buddies skidoos

Love it. Best sled I have owed for the riding I do. Absolute handles everything I can throw at it. Engine is awesome out of the hole. It is the perfect sled IMO. Broke a few things on it alread but that is because I have pushed it hard. 1 K miles in and I cannot wait to get back on it again.

I LOVE my Nytro, I did some mods as well, but I like playing with stuff. Suspenion settings are key on this sled. Overall the best sled I have ever owned hands down. Makes my Rev feel soft and slow, my mXz feel like a 1992 one lungger, and my Phazer feels like it needs about another 50-60HP. I absolutly love the power output, makes for a fun ride every time. Long rides are all I do, and is one of the most comfortable sleds I have been on to date, other that the Apex (or any Delta Box chassis machine) As far as weight, I feel the power this sled delivers more than makes up for the extra pounds. Sled deff doesn't feel like a 500+lb machine.

xtx

Def love it!
motor pulls like a bastard....
and the suspension is way better than my srx....
I may be opening myself up to fire here, but i kinda feel that alot of the issues on here are guys who beat the thing like it owes them money. I'm hard on equipment, and these guys are harder than me...

I absolutely love mine. I don't know if I just have good luck or what. Besides the frozen relays, I have not had any of the problems that most other people are having. This has been the best, most worry free sled I have ever owned. It suits my riding style perfect, which is 90% off groomed trail riding.

Nytro Love Hate

Yamahas since 95
I love riding it but concerned when reading the mass issues people have.
Had my first this past weekend when mine failed to start after trailering it with my 3 cat buddies!
Got it home and it started!
Issues:
Massive ice build up make it impossible to ride for 4-5 day trips w/out finding overnight heated shops(being arranged for us BTW!).
Ice build up in right side making removing panel impossible.
Sliders wearing at 5-600kms
Very poor heat grips.
I drove my previos 01 600 SXR 24000kms without one failed start and not one issue, still riding it. Just regular preseason maintainence from dealer. Same w previous '95 VMax.
I feel you have to be mechanically inclined to own this generation with all the issues of relays etc.
I hope it doesn't fail me on my 5 day ride for charity coming up in Feb like last weekend as it might make me rethink. I drive them just like my 3 Toyotas in the family for reliability and nothing else. I want to have worry free riding.
If you read this site as a non Yamaha Nytro owner you would never consider buying one as too many niggling and serious issues which I am surprised that Yamaha has let slip.
For Fit and finish the other 3 brands cannot compete full stop!
For reliability I think they are catching up, Yamaha better take note.

my son loves his xtx, except for the bent subframe - the other side bent last night just riding normal trails. i suppose once you bend one side the integrity is gone - i believe that looking at it, once it bends to a certain point it will stop.

Back