• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who is Happy with their Nytro???? Tell me!

I absolutely love my 08 nytro. Cant wait to get another one. I got 6600 miles on it and beat the hell out of it. Sled has held up very well with the usually things that will need replacing on ANY sled that you ride hard. All the complaints about this that and the other thing and complaints i hear everyday about any of the sled brands.

I have an 08 and I really like it. It has it's quirks(weak a-arms, bad trail manners) and sometimes the weight can get frustrating when stuck. But I've rallied the piss out my sled for the last 2,800 miles and it's never missed a beat. I've intentionally tried to blow it up, i.e. riding WFO for hours in deep snow under load and it just won't quit. It has way better throttle response than any 2-stroke I've ridden and with the header/exhaust it will hang with 800's on the hill. I've never owned a more reliable sled and the fun factor is huge. I've thought about going back to a 2-stroke for the weight but every time I see someone jetting, broken down, tuning, ect. I change my mind. This sled is like the damn energizer bunny.

mjaremko said:
I've been riding Yamaha's for Forty + years, thats why I bought the Nytro. I liked the idea of the four stroke and the sno-cross bred chassis. After I rode it for the first time I was happy with the engine and clutching and the attention to detail, but couldent help wonder, did anyone at Yamaha ride this thing after they choose the shocks and springs ? Way too much ski preassure. I have the sled working very well now in the handeling department but it took $550.00 in parts, (no labour) to get it there. Yamaha had a great idea with the Nytro, they just needed to finish the project before they put it on the showroom floor.

mj

curious what parts?

sj said:
mjaremko said:
I've been riding Yamaha's for Forty + years, thats why I bought the Nytro. I liked the idea of the four stroke and the sno-cross bred chassis. After I rode it for the first time I was happy with the engine and clutching and the attention to detail, but couldent help wonder, did anyone at Yamaha ride this thing after they choose the shocks and springs ? Way too much ski preassure. I have the sled working very well now in the handeling department but it took $550.00 in parts, (no labour) to get it there. Yamaha had a great idea with the Nytro, they just needed to finish the project before they put it on the showroom floor.

mj

curious what parts?

X2

I like mine. Suspension is set up good now and I would say it corners really well. I can get the rear end to go sideways and skis stay planted. This is on an 09 XTX. My handwarmers work, and I do not eat slides that bad. I only have to replace them about once a year. The belts seem to last much longer then other brands I ride with.

I wish it came with a better track, rebound adjust rear suspension, and a bit lighter. Splitting hairs really. Nothing is perfect. All in all I really do like the sled.

Nikolai said:
I have an 08 and I really like it. It has it's quirks(weak a-arms, bad trail manners) and sometimes the weight can get frustrating when stuck. But I've rallied the piss out my sled for the last 2,800 miles and it's never missed a beat. I've intentionally tried to blow it up, i.e. riding WFO for hours in deep snow under load and it just won't quit. It has way better throttle response than any 2-stroke I've ridden and with the header/exhaust it will hang with 800's on the hill. I've never owned a more reliable sled and the fun factor is huge. I've thought about going back to a 2-stroke for the weight but every time I see someone jetting, broken down, tuning, ect. I change my mind. This sled is like the damn energizer bunny.

100% I agree. Its a bit heavier to dig out. But now I carry a shovel.

I also like my nytro se. With nearly 2000 miles, I have not had any problems. I wish I could get in more miles but circumstances do not allow for it. Yes, I've taken care of the tunnel by installing the patch and tunnel closer kits. I also thoroughly investigate and try to witness all (performance adds and routine maintenace) performed on my sled. All routine maintenance is thoroughly performed to the best of my ability. So my nytro se has been very reliable.

I especially like its power, how it handles bumps , its appearance, the sound of my exhaust, and the electric start. These air shocks are very very nice. The slightly rider forward concept and the ablity to be able to stand up are nice features. Getting all of the adjustments dialed into my preference does take some time to experiment and figure out though. This is my first Yamaha, and I'm glad that I made the switch. My next choice of adds are skis and a clutch kit. Happy riding.

SIKEWARD said:
My Nytro and I have a love hate relationship. & I mean it.

She lets me ride the hell out of her. She looks great. Doesn't really talk back, always goes when I want to.

But she is constantly getting into my wallet. I would say she gives me a little more than the cold shoulder. I get cold hands, wet feet, and a cold chest. and sometimes when I am trying to rail her through a corner she jerks away.

This is starting to sound alot like another relationship I have. Some how I keep going back for more. It must be good.

This is the same for me, mine was actually for sale until I had a 400 mile weekend on real trails and powder. It's looks like it is staying and getting a $1000.00 face lift!!

PS: Had my eyes set on a 600 E-TECH till I seen three in one day torn apart 2 hours into the woods.. Good Times....

I now have about 800 miles on this season ( bad winter ) and the more I ride it, the more I love it...I've been able to get the handling dialed in to my riding style and this thing is fun. Like any sled, set up is key...and you don't have to spend major coin to do so...small changes, one thing at a time. Yesterday I went out and tested a new ski on 3 different sleds.. a Rush, XP E-tec 600 and a Nytro....the Rush was terrible, the XP was very nice but I prefered the Nytro..that engine is simply awsome, best power on the trail, never misses a beat and pulls like a freight train!

I have a 09 XTX now with 5408 miles I really like this sled, power is great for flying off approaches, works well in the trails. So far the only issue that wasn't my fault is a fuel system relay. I have taken the tunnel protectors out and did close off part of the tunnel (very little ice build up) added mountain skis with longer carbides, turns a little harder but it really turns and very little darting. Looks like i will get through the season on one pair of hyfax, 2500 miles on them so far.

Out of the box my 09 xtx was much better than my 08 shorty.
With 2 nytros back to back I can say that the motor was enough to have me go for round 2. (long track is a bonus)
Found a bunch of querks with them both.
I've never spent so much before on a sled to get it right for my needs and I'm still at it, (aftermarket gets better every year for this sled).
But, I've never owned a sled before that I wanted to pour in the extra.
You do need to throw your weight around on this sled to ride fast.
But it really does respond well to that.
If you don't ride hard at least some of the time you won't know how good it really is.
As for bashing...
Those unfortunate few have discovered some design issues that helped with fixes for my needs.
Cause my Nytro has a couple more years of harsh trails ahead.
Thanks TY.

Love my 09 XTX. Came from an 05 Rage so to me it's night and day improvement for my riding style. The first thing I noticed and loved was the motor's power....almost scary at first, but man my face hurt from smiling so much. Love how it took the bumps, and the more you pound it the more it seems to respond. Love the sounds of the exhaust, and especially like how everyone seems to stop and look when they see that nice blue Yamaha beast going by. Whether they hate Yamaha, whether their curious....still makes me chuckle to see the heads turn. So many Doo's with the guys I ride with it's also nice to have another choice of machine other than team yellow. Don't get me wrong they are nice machines, but I still keep coming back to my Nytro. May have even converted a couple of my boys this past winter for next year.

No sled is perfect...that's why forums like this exist. Thanks to all my fellow TY'ers sharing the good, the bad, and sometimes the ugly about their sleds. ;)!

Just a quick comment to GTO3235, good luck with that Rush! From what I've seen and heard, you'll need it. Not trying to be too Pro-Yammy, but do you actually believe that it is a step up from a Nytro? Very interesting. :Rockon:

Back