• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who is Happy with their Nytro???? Tell me!

theCATman said:
I was happy until this season. The more I rode it, ('08 FX Nytro RTX) the more I hated it's awful ride.

It's just plain not meant for a nice long trail ride. It's strictly meant for bashing.
Why would you get a rough trail sled for long trail riding?

I love my XTX I wouldn't trade it for anything. :Rockon: The low and mid range rocks love how it just pulls. I don't need all the top end, really never use it. Always in the twisties carving and having fun. I think its way better than my buddy's RTX. Mine rides way better over all that rough trail bump crap than his. Overall for all the Nytro's it get a ;)! from me.

I've been riding Yamaha's for Forty + years, thats why I bought the Nytro. I liked the idea of the four stroke and the sno-cross bred chassis. After I rode it for the first time I was happy with the engine and clutching and the attention to detail, but couldent help wonder, did anyone at Yamaha ride this thing after they choose the shocks and springs ? Way too much ski preassure. I have the sled working very well now in the handeling department but it took $550.00 in parts, (no labour) to get it there. Yamaha had a great idea with the Nytro, they just needed to finish the project before they put it on the showroom floor.

mj

I love mine also, but if I was riding trails most of the time a Apex is pretty hard to beat. But i see no problem riding this baby on the trail either.

Everytime I ride mine it puts a smile on my face and I was a Doo guy since 1995 when they came out with the Summit right up until last year. The only thing is I had to spend almost 15 grand extra to make my Nytro work the way I wanted it to.......but let me tell ya.....IT WORKS! IMHO I would not be riding a "stock" Nytro for the type of riding I do.

Summitseeker said:
Everytime I ride mine it puts a smile on my face and I was a Doo guy since 1995 when they came out with the Summit right up until last year. The only thing is I had to spend almost 15 grand extra to make my Nytro work the way I wanted it to.......but let me tell ya.....IT WORKS! IMHO I would not be riding a "stock" Nytro for the type of riding I do.
:worth:

Summitseeker said:
15 grand to make it work huh? Should of bought another sled would of been cheaper

My Nytro and I have a love hate relationship. & I mean it.

She lets me ride the hell out of her. She looks great. Doesn't really talk back, always goes when I want to.

But she is constantly getting into my wallet. I would say she gives me a little more than the cold shoulder. I get cold hands, wet feet, and a cold chest. and sometimes when I am trying to rail her through a corner she jerks away.

This is starting to sound alot like another relationship I have. Some how I keep going back for more. It must be good.

BigShow29 said:
I think the problem is people try to set up there Nytro like there old 2 stroke and that they dont understand the diffrences. To much adjustability for the average person..

THE most comfortable sled I have ever ridden. After 212 mile ride I felt I could easily go more. The most fun sled I have ever owned. Ditchbanging is incredible with the XTX. I love my XTX no question I made the right desiscion.

2 weeks ago hated it, now, I love it. After tossing the stock skis and adjusting the suspension a bit, its like a sled with power steering.

Reason I quotes you is, we did a 170 mile ride last weekend in Booneville area of NY, it was nothing but moguls and I felt like I could have gone farther. Next day, the guy I rode with that had an ETEC was walking like a 90 year old and I was all good.

This thing ( 08 RTX here) soaks up everything.

This is by far THE best sled ive ever rode!! It handles my riding style and never lets me down with dissapointment! Love this sled! :yam:

Well...while I've run into a huge costly snag with mine and have only put 40 or so miles on it...I love the way it rides...sit to stand is excellent, the engine is to die for ( ecspecially with the RB3 and full Hindle set up )...best looking sled on the snow...and I have plans for what I want to do to it for next season. Ya the sled has it's issues and poor design features..but that can be changed and it's kinda fun doing it.

Love mine

I love mine and the Biggest thing I like about mine is it does not bottom. Yes the studder bump ride is no where in the league of a mono shock. But the mono shock is a joke on any big bump. The other thing I love is the seating position. When i sit on an Apex or any other sled for that matter i feel like I'm slouching. You sit strait up on a Nytro and it's very comfortable to me.

If your looking for a trail cruiser that rides great in studder bumps the Nytro isn't it.

love hate relationship i say.
Love the performance
love the economy
love the handling after much much tinkering

Hate the non heated hand grips
Hate the way it eats hyfaxs
Hate the way it eats carbides
Hate the fact that i'm on my 3rd complete set of joints on the front after a mere 2100 miles
Hate the racheting drivers
So this is my take as much as i love it............There is to many downsides on this sled for one which cost me close to $11000 and then no hand warmers is not good period. If i can get $7000 for my yamaha i plan on getting a rush. My wife loves her phazer so thats staying

Attachments

• jan 6th sledding 008.JPG
    jan 6th sledding 008.JPG
    492.3 KB · Views: 68

Back