• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WHO IS UNHAPPY WITH PHAZER WEIGHT?

I guess we'll see when everybody else comes out with their 07 line-ups!? Hearing of a new Doo chassis too! 4-stroke in the 550 chassis too!

:ORC Yeah, a 62 HP 4 stroke 800, which weighs more than the Phazer (495lbs?)...I would never go back to BRP; 2 many engine problems...:yam:

RX-E

Anyone checked the weight of the venture-lite. 582 lbs. WOW! that's heavy! It looks nice, but sounds like a pig to me. studdog I was interested in one for the wife til I saw the weight.

You guys are all so concerned with weght of your sleds .Alot less people would die of heart attacks if they were as concerned about their own weight as you are with the weight of the sled.Who here couldn't stand to lose 10-30 lbs or more.Hey it is free as well.Just messing around but it is true. :ORC :exc: ;)!

;)! ;)! ;)! Well said loose 20 pounds of lard makes the sled perform a lot better , mostly because al of a sudden the rider performs as well. :tg:
I am going to order one for the girlfriend with EFI reverse and electric start she will be in heaven. PS she usually goes anywhere we go and has higmarked a few guys on 800 revs with here mm700 mod.
She wants el start reverse EFI and a lighter sled has no concerns about power. Time will tell, but I think there will be more people like here than complainers . Yamaha did the homework it will be a seller..........

Look at Ski-Doos web site. On one hand there are banners and a big disertation on why 2>4. On the other hand they just brought out a 4-Stroke. What a bunch of goons. Not only did they get out marketed they can't even get their market message straight on their own web site.

COLDONE said:
It just seems to me that Yamaha should be able to build a much lighter sled than 450+ lbs!

Four strokes weigh more than two strokes bc of the engine. And there are more features. Yamaha will make it lighter just wait. :yam:

PAMikeC said:
Look at Ski-Doos web site. On one hand there are banners and a big disertation on why 2>4. On the other hand they just brought out a 4-Stroke. What a bunch of goons. Not only did they get out marketed they can't even get their market message straight on their own web site.

I thought that was pretty funny when I saw that too.
Not only are they dissin the 4 stroke weight, but they're doing it on the exact same page as their 65hp V-twin 4 stroker! :tg:

Have a look :drink:

http://www.ski-doo.com/en-CA/Snowmobile ... he.Basics/

I don't know how many of you guys rode them but they are the lightest feeling sleds I ever rode. It has been a long time but I would say it feels as light or lighter than the original phazer.

A viper only weighs in at 489 dry,I would think they could of lighten it up more!

That is what I wanted to ask. "Whose viper were you smoking?" The viper was more than 520+ pounds.8)

RX-E

Yamvip isn't smoking anything ! I had an 02 SXViper, and Yamaha listed it at 489 lbs dry. BTW, the mountain version is obviously going to weigh more.

Guys,

I was told that dry weight means exactly that. No Oil in anything, no battery, of course no gas.

Point being is that some of us would never get a chance to measure dry weight, and hence everything we do measure is over that spec of "dry weight". Bet when we measure a Phazer then it is 480 or so.

Back