• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WHO IS UNHAPPY WITH PHAZER WEIGHT?

Weight, shmeight - It's the price that's got to be reduced, or the power increased. At first I thought the 80HP would be plenty, but in reality it's still a pretty small sled in comparison to the big brothers. I rode a stock rage, and it wasn't happenen for me. $7000+ OTD for basically a 440 or 500 fan - No thanks.

joel0920 said:
The phazer GT is 533lbs on the scale..
full thank
oil
tools
everything
>>>>
WOW..that's not so great, wondering now what the Mnt. will weigh in at wet..........HMMMMMM . Anyone know what a stock 2000 MM weighed in at in real life with all fluids ? I'm guessing around 580ish ?

533 lbs all wet isn't that bad. Especilly if you concider that 10 gal of gas in the sled add almost 65lb. lets see the Rev has a 12 gal tank that would be another 78lb to there dry wt.

If anyone thinks that 533 lbs (full of fuel and tools) is not so great, please weigh your own sled. It will go something like this (give or take 10 lbs): Apex=640. Vector=625. Rev 600=580. Please don't reply to this post quoting dry weight numbers. They are purely fictitious and have turned into exaggerated marketing claims (used by all manufacturers).
I find it strange that it is much easier to find measured horsepower numbers for any given sled (using a $10000+ dyno but almost impossible to find accurate weight numbers for a ready to ride sled (using $60 worth of Wal-Mart bathroom scales).
If you see a Phazer, pick up the front. Pick up the back. Tip it over. It's light. It will be fun.

snowsweat said:
If anyone thinks that 533 lbs (full of fuel and tools) is not so great, please weigh your own sled. It will go something like this (give or take 10 lbs): Apex=640. Vector=625. Rev 600=580. Please don't reply to this post quoting dry weight numbers. They are purely fictitious and have turned into exaggerated marketing claims (used by all manufacturers).
I find it strange that it is much easier to find measured horsepower numbers for any given sled (using a $10000+ dyno but almost impossible to find accurate weight numbers for a ready to ride sled (using $60 worth of Wal-Mart bathroom scales).
If you see a Phazer, pick up the front. Pick up the back. Tip it over. It's light. It will be fun.

when i compare sleds for my own purposes, i give sleds that get better gas mileage some weight credit. some people weigh sleds 'wet" all with the same 1-2 gallons of gas to be "fair". but how is that fair if one gets 10 mpg and the other gets 20? if you want to go 100 miles, one needs to haul 60 lbs of gas and the other only needs 30. i expect the phazer won't need the extra gas. IMHO that is why yamaha put in a smaller tank.

I agree. Although not very feasible, I think the best way to weigh a sled for comparison purposes would be to first calculate the average mileage and then put 100 miles worth of fuel and oil in it.

snowsweat said:
>>>>
THX for the real world numbes, this makes the Phazer look incredibly light in comparison. The Apex weight you have posted , is that the Mnt. full of fluids ? Also which vector is that that is weighed. THX very good real world comparison, I wish more posts were as honest and constructive as that.

snowsweat said:
I agree. Although not very feasible, I think the best way to weigh a sled for comparison purposes would be to first calculate the average mileage and then put 100 miles worth of fuel and oil in it.

not sure where average mpg numbers would come from. the manufacturers would fudge the numbers in their favor. the real world numbers depend on how and where you ride. it is hard to make sense of the numbers people post because sometimes they only calculate mpg for one tank of gas. to get a good number you would have to keep a log for a season.

alaskanbowtie said:
snowsweat said:
>>>>
THX for the real world numbes, this makes the Phazer look incredibly light in comparison. The Apex weight you have posted , is that the Mnt. full of fluids ? Also which vector is that that is weighed. THX very good real world comparison, I wish more posts were as honest and constructive as that.

yep. looks like weight of normal apex to me.

Weigh it like you ride it..My sled is full when I leave and full (or close) when I get home. It's rare that any of us ride empty, on purpose so weight them that way. The Phazer's light...especially compared to what we're used to...and if it's anything like the Apex/Vector/RX it's going to feel even lighter on the trail.

I don't know about you guys but I leave the gas station with a FULL tank of gas, not half, not two gallons, or not a 100 miles worth. I also fill my oil tank in the AM(still a smoker).
During the tech session in Munising, Yamaha stated that they engineered the sleds to hold enough gas to go at Least 100 miles, no less. Weigh them full, if the manufacturers start shrinking the tanks, they can only go so far untill they start 'burning' in the mag tests.

Crewchief47 said:
I don't know about you guys but I leave the gas station with a FULL tank of gas, not half, not two gallons, or not a 100 miles worth. I also fill my oil tank in the AM(still a smoker).
During the tech session in Munising, Yamaha stated that they engineered the sleds to hold enough gas to go at Least 100 miles, no less. Weigh them full, if the manufacturers start shrinking the tanks, they can only go so far untill they start 'burning' in the mag tests.

i agree. but a the phazer has an 8 gallon tank. makes wet weight numbers look very impressive compared to any sled. is there any sled that is lighther with a full tank of gas and the same features (lc, electric start, reverse, fuel injection)?

also, does anyone know what current 4-strokes of any brand get the best mpg? i don't mean inflated "i got this on one ride" i mean typical.

phaz4 said:
i agree. but a the phazer has an 8 gallon tank. makes wet weight numbers look very impressive compared to any sled. is there any sled that is lighther with a full tank of gas and the same features (lc, electric start, reverse, fuel injection)?

also, does anyone know what current 4-strokes of any brand get the best mpg? i don't mean inflated "i got this on one ride" i mean typical.

8Gals will likely get the Phazer 120 miles(15MPG) or 200 miles(25MPG). I believe the going rumor is 20-25MPG. My FATHER's Vector consistently got 18-20 MPG (US) for the entire 2500 miles he put on it this year(I was beside him at he pumps putting twice as much in mine). Wet weight should be impressive if it gets you 120+ miles

i did some looking and i can't find an lc sled that weighs less wet.

the best i can tell, the wet weight full of gas for an MX Z Fan 550 with electric start is about 515?. 01 phazer is about 565?.

another issue...i am not sure the phazer dry weights yamaha originally posted and then retracted are going to hold up for production.

Back