• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

whos got the best insurance rates for sleds

**sj**

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
was blown away at the 400-500 quotes from state farm and others for a 2009 nytro xtx
any suggestions?

My sled insurance is the same as my auto. Erie Insurance. I pretty sure its ~ 200 for full coverage on the nytro. my liability is set pretty high too. 65 a year for my firecat for libility only

Just got my bill yesterday from Metlife. $100.00 a year for full coverage including collision with $100.00 deductible for an 08 Vector. Probably helps that I've been a longtime customer (over 25 years) for all insurances and I've never had a collision claim and I'm over 50.

American Family aprox. $350.00 a year for the nytro and a 10' open trailer. Gives my Nytro a blanket 18K policy like a antique or muscle car. I just had to give them the total amount I wanted and they quoted that. They said if she is totalled you just have to show 18k worth of receipts for the sled and upgrades, and you get a check for that minus the deductable.

I have liability for $280 a year. The best rate I could find for full coverage was through Farmer's, which is what I have my house and truck under. That was $1,450 a year for a $1,000 deductable. It's tough to find good rates for Nytro's because rates are based on displacement and not rated horsepower. And being 24 years old plus having a 1049cc sled equals obscene rates. So I have gone with liability only as much as I would like not to. :o|

I have Nationwide with full collision and a 200 deductible for around 350 a year. I recently switched all my other policies to another carrier and they shop around for the best price, they couldnt touch that rate here in NY with about 4 other insurance companies. So the sled stayed at Nationwide and when I moved everything else they didnt raise the rate which was nice.

I think Nationwide is one of the few that only asks HP rating not CC's.

ins

I shopped around for a while on this subject, why well I am not a huge fan of paying for something you hope you never have to use. We ever thought of insurance and requiring us to have it, is now a rich man.

Anyways. I pay 230 a year for full coverage with comp and collision, with a 200 deductible.(Liberty Mutual) That is for my 09 xtx, 07 phazer, and 06 cfr50.

Met life - $134 for full coverage 250 deduct for 09 Vector LTX

Just added my 09 XTX to the auto insurance policy before I brought it home this past weekend. USAA is the company, and it's only $95 which is more than what my 05 Rage previously was at $65. That is a six month premium, but appears to be affordable because of my both other cars on the policy. In the spring, I just put the basic fire and theft on it so it's like nothing...maybe $27 bucks for the off-season as she sits in the garage. Very affordable in my opinion.

There are a lot of factors that seem to effect insurance premiums, but a big one from my experience is whether you have an auto policy already with the company. My cousin's insurance company didn't insure snowmobiles, and he was hit for like $400 policy, and we had the same sled. Again, some insurance companies like mine do 6 months premiums, and some write 1 year policies. That is another factor.

SJ: Does State Farm insure your vehicles already or was that a stand alone quote for just your XTX?

yep...state farm on one of our vehicles...and my trailer...

with 1000 deductable they've dropped it to $280...

other car is with farm bureau they were around 450....progressive was more ! blows me away how cheap u have it in n.y.?

I doubt it's NY, this state is a joke as far as cost of living. I bet it has to do with USAA which is only available to military, and family of military. Always rated toward the top as far as insurance companies for customer satisfaction. I don't have my homeowners with them which I'd like to do, but their rates are much more than what I have now. Don't understand that part, but as you can see the auto part I'm feeling pretty good about. :Rockon:

When will the Insurance industry look at HP versus CC's? I go round and round with my insurance agent every year. I tell her that they do it with outboard motors. My F7 was cheaper than my Nytro. Sorry to vent.

Pooner

AAA - Under $150 for a year (2008 Apex). Had to move my autos over to get sled insurance though, but that was cheaper too.

Did use Foremost but that was in the $350 range I believe.

I was quoted almost $2,000 a year for full coverage from my insurance company. Then my dealer recommended metlife, and it is $236 I believe, but I had to switch my other vehicles to metlife also...which was good cause they ended up being cheaper. 24 years old and over 1000cc is not good for insurance.

Back