• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WHOS GOT THE MOST MILES ON THERE NYTRO SO FAR??

2009 nytro xtx
8055 miles.
In season repairs- sliders, a arm bushings, 2 belts, 2 boogies
Needed repairs- subframe bent, left upper a arm worn bad from spring rubbing against it, upper and lower ball joints, rear center shock, exhaust donuts, seat needs new cover

This is my first yammi and I love the torque and reliability of the motor. But these things are temper mental with there handling

romie said:
What's up with all these ball joints and subframes. What exactly is a subframe. I am used to tunnel, bulkhead, etc... Either way, why do they need replacing.

Subframe, red and orange. They bend. Both pictured are new 450$ and have been reinforced. Ball joints wear out quite fast, 95$ each from dealer or there are after market options.

Attachments

• IMG_0391.PNG
    IMG_0391.PNG
    618.4 KB · Views: 130
4800 Miles on 2008 RTX.

Rebuilt Fox floats seals leaked.
Exhaust donuts
Ball joints, i use the bronze rings for lower ball joints now.
RSI heated grips one yammi died (they work much better to me).
Slides 3 sets (change every summer)
3 belts (Im hard on belts usually they de laminate on a warm day,I need more vents)
Ulmer a arm bushings

I'm not wanting to hijack this thread but what are you guys doing to bend your subs? I've taken some good air and hit frozen ice fishing holes some frozen (beaver chew) logs while bustin powder on some back ponds. Even yesterday I felt it gettin bad (beaver pond near beaver house) had a couple of big bangs and shutters, went back and looked at two, 4" frozen logs I sheared off and all the mean while I'm going $hit, $hit. I get home and thaw it out and nothing. Don't get me wrong I'm not dissapointed one bit but what are you guys smackin to bend these? Does everyone have skid plates? Is that the differance or what?

canoehead said:
I'm not wanting to hijack this thread but what are you guys doing to bend your subs? I've taken some good air and hit frozen ice fishing holes some frozen (beaver chew) logs while bustin powder on some back ponds. Even yesterday I felt it gettin bad (beaver pond near beaver house) had a couple of big bangs and shutters, went back and looked at two, 4" frozen logs I sheared off and all the mean while I'm going $hit, $hit. I get home and thaw it out and nothing. Don't get me wrong I'm not dissapointed one bit but what are you guys smackin to bend these? Does everyone have skid plates? Is that the differance or what?

Never bent mine like most, I landed on a rock (self inflicted) and it pushed my bumper up and tweaked the subframe, the other Nytro in the pic twisted his from a light side/angle impact.

I have not bent mine, i did weld plates on my 08 frame even alittle thinker than the factory 2011 plates so i guess they work.

just shy of 4000 miles on mine .....
bent subframe
ready for bushings , balljoints, hyfax

going to take on a big transformation this summer wont be the same sled in the fall.......

I've got just over 10,000kms on mine, but the last two winters have been off-trail western nfld riding, and it's hard to put many miles on there when it takes you 4 or 5 hours to put on 100kms.

No real problems yet, other than the sloppy front end, a tweaked a-arma dn front bumper, and my exhaust donuts are shot. The sled takes a pounding with minimal upkeep, I gotta say. And I've never had a sled this long without losing a motor before.

2009 XTX, 9062 miles. Replaced A-frame bushings and hyfax every 2500 miles.

I forgot I replace exhaust donuts every 3000 miles.

13284 bent subframe a arm bushings needs new ones again with ball joints on second set of sliders two belts going to quebec this weekend to put some more on than its time for front end tear down and gussets welded in

Only 4,000 miles so far.
3 sets of hyfax
2 belts
constant overheating on snirt and roads

I'm also curious about the subframes...anyone had problems that did NOT hit anything off trail riding?

Back