• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

whos keeping there 04

stinx

Expert
I am curious as to who is keeping there 04 RX1 or Warrior instead of getting an 05? Also how many miles do people have on there sleds?

I think the poor trade in market almost dictates that you keep. I think a lot of guys will just upgrade to new suspension and seat rather than having to give away their trade in sled. That is unless you were one of the fortunate feww that were able to rack up a lot of miles.

I'm keeping my 03 and I will be upgrading my seat and I am looking into the Cat suspension.

Keeping the 04 Warrior.
2,400 km [1,500 miles] and counting. More great riding coming up.
I love this sled.
Almost a little too much for these old bones, but I figure that makes it just right.
I got exactly what I was expecting.
Sled is nice and stable in part due to the weight, doesnt jump all over the trail, rides and handles excellent and goes just about everywhere.
Most of my riding is done on trails groomed 15 to 20 feetwide. 10% in the tight and twisties and 10 % off trail.
It is no Viper, V-max, SX etc in the tight and twisties and it aint no Firecat
or Rev in the ditcbanging dept but I dont bang ditches so I dont care.
For 90 % of my riding nothing else I have ridden comes close.
Sled is stock other than ski-shims and 95 studs.
No problems other than melting my boots. [no heat light though and Y is replacing my boots]

Dave

Well guys, I hate to be the only one but my RX1 03 test sled is going away to make room for the 05....could not resist that new skid :twisted: :twisted: Afraid next year the sled market will be flooded with 03 RX1s and it will even take a harder hit next year....my thoughts :shock: :shock:

My warrior has a mile or two on it so 05 RX1 here I come. I loved the warrior and still do!

That makes 6 candy and one black in our group plus what our adopted buddy Sledder gets.

Have to keep it, I'd loose BIG and pay MORE :( I think I'll look into getting an '05 skid and/or seat. Dang that seat got hard, fast :evil:

Keeping my 04 Warrior I love it.I wll just add some more goodies,Ski's,exhaust and some good old fasion polishing.Thats the cheapest go fast part out there.Make it look fast.

I'm keeping my Warrior for a long time :D I have 2800 trouble free smooth sailing miles on it now, and I will ride this sled for many years to come 8)
I added a temperature gauge and adjusted the secondary to 3+6 and this baby runs just fine. It's quicker than most stock 800's out there and the gas mileage is petty good and no stinky, smelly, expensive two stroke oil anymore :roll: GIDDYUP!!!!!

I'm keeping my Warrior too. Only 1500 miles this season so far & its just broken in. I too installed a temp gauge & rear cooler & now it runs fine in any conditions.
I'll consider purchasing a 06 if there are significant improvements,
EFI etc.

Keeping my Warrior. Had about 3,500 trouble free miles until I put a hole in the heat exchanger last Friday. Will put Precision skis, and a new seat on for next year.

Back