• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who's using.....

Black 1000

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Who's useing the Boondockers kit and how do you like it? Kinda dumb question but how do you use it? What shot are you running? Aperently the kit I'm looking at will come with 30-50-75hp nozzles.

a guy i ride with has that kit on his. it is a dry kit. i think the wet kits make quite a bit more horsepower than the dry kits. plus alot safer, i like to add extra fuel for the the extra hp. dont want to lean it out. i care for my pistons too much.

I agree with junkie.

;)!

Ok Terry. I had no response from Barry so I was looking at either Boondockers or Boss Noss. What do you think as far as those are concened with the perameters that we disscussed earlier.

Really, no response.........That is odd, but.......?

Best time to use nitrous is at full throttle only, and when you have a good clear spot in front of you. You can have a bone stock sled, and hit a button, (which I like to run with my left thumb), and have an increase in power and rpm when you need it. I have tried 48, 60, 80, and 100 horse setups on my 4 stroke sleds. I tell most people 60 is plenty for the guy/girl who wants an increase, to just pull away from the rest. The bigger systems need higher octane fuel. That system for you sounds like a good kit at 50. Bottle will last longer, and you will still pull away from everybody. Let me know if you need any help.

NOS-PRO said:

Best time to use nitrous is at full throttle only, and when you have a good clear spot in front of you. You can have a bone stock sled, and hit a button, (which I like to run with my left thumb), and have an increase in power and rpm when you need it. I have tried 48, 60, 80, and 100 horse setups on my 4 stroke sleds. I tell most people 60 is plenty for the guy/girl who wants an increase, to just pull away from the rest. The bigger systems need higher octane fuel. That system for you sounds like a good kit at 50. Bottle will last longer, and you will still pull away from everybody. Let me know if you need any help.

If you use a bottle heater the pressure is always the same in the bottle no matter how much NOS is left. If I ever use NOS I would have a heater and a pressure gauge so I knew if I was good to make a pass.

dirkdiggler said:
NOS-PRO said:

If you use a bottle heater the pressure is always the same in the bottle no matter how much NOS is left. If I ever use NOS I would have a heater and a pressure gauge so I knew if I was good to make a pass.

dirk - That is why I switched over to Holtzman, cause no bottle heater is needed. Heating the bottle is a pain in the a$$! At the track is not a problem, but on the trail, it sucks cause you have to remove the heater, evry time you change or refill a bottle.

NOS-PRO said:
dirkdiggler said:
NOS-PRO said:

dirk - That is why I switched over to Holtzman, cause no bottle heater is needed. Heating the bottle is a pain in the a$$! At the track is not a problem, but on the trail, it sucks cause you have to remove the heater, evry time you change or refill a bottle.

:Rockon: boss kit/no bottle heater either!!! ;)!

You still need a heater no matter what Boss, Boon Docker or Holtzman tell you if you want consistant runs and the ability to use every once of NOS in the bottle.

We tested this on a freinds sled and without teh heater he get inconsistant runs. With the Heater it's spot on every time. Plus the RX-1 and Apex have batterys. There is no reason not to use a heater.

big-d - No I have not, just know when I had Nitrous Oxide Systems, and when Tom, Ryan, and many others would come and watch me race, either my quads on nitrous, or the sleds, they saw what it takes to warm up bottles between rounds. At ESTA, they bring propane torches to the staging lanes to heat up the bottles. Now, on the trail, it won't be as bad, cause the heaters are on most of the time, and you aren't going thru a bottle a run like I was. Barry said his nozzles flow the same at 10° to 90° consistantly. That is why I switched everything over to his, and have had no problems with his kits, or any one of his kits I have installed for members.

The SRX was my problem, as I ran the engine out of fuel. The tank only holds so much, and the nitrous system, being a wet system, required a lot of fuel , including what the engine needed. My fault totally.

big-d/Black 1000: If you want consistant NOS Flow spend the extra money on a bottle heater. The Reason these companys are telling snowmobilers you don't need a heater with there system is most sleds don't have a battery. You will not get consistant NOS flow from a bottle that doen't have a heater on PERIOD.

You have a battery on your sled. It is very easy to install a heater.

question dirk-

my bottle sits above my engine-rs rage-and after a couple of miles of riding it gets warm to the hand...would that be considered warm or does the bottle have to be warmer than that.

I say no it's not enough heat. The only way to truly know is to put a pressure Gage on it. You need 900 to 1100 pounds of pressure all the time.

We tested this with a boon docker setup on an RX-1. After adding the bottle heater not only did we get more consistent runs we got more out of the bottle. Without the bottle heater you'd get one good run and 3 bad. With the heater it was spot on ever time and we got every once of NOS out of the bottle.

I also know people that have had wet systems with bottle heaters and dry systems with out that supposedly have 60 to 80 hp nozzles. The wet systems kick the sh-it out of the dry systems that supposely have a higher HP nos nozzle in them.

I road a couple dry setups last winter and I when I hit the button I expected a huge pull. I didn't get it.

Here is another way I know the dry setup without bottle heaters aren't working. People are claiming to be running 80 hp setups on there sled. RX-1LARRY ran a CB setup and he went to a 80 hp shot an nuked his motor. You can't run much more then about 48 hp on a stock compression motor. If you do run more you need more then pump gas that's a fact!!!!!!

Back