• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who's using.....

Excellent choice big-d, let me know if you need any help with install or tips on filling.

Was going to try the "warm verses cold debate" tonight, but predicting T-storms, so I will be working on the SRX.

big-d said:
Dirk,
Thanks for answering my questions. I was surprised that you are not running a system or the way you talk have not had a system on your sled. I know nos-pro has tested several different systems and he does get consistency from his holtzman system without the heater. Nos-pro runs on asphalt and lays some consistant #. I would not be running a turbo with nos,just the nos. I will be looking at the holtzman system this summer and I will see on the track if the # are consistant without a heater and if not I will look at something else.
Dirk thanks for the response.

Before you buy the Holtzman system think about this. Buster696 runs a CPR Turbo. Last year running in the 210hp and 240 range he was laying down 9.4's in the high 139mph range depending on traction. NOSPRO is using 80hp nossles on his RX-1 which would put him at about 210hp. Number one he doesn't use race fuel which if you were running a True 80hp shot you couldn't run pump fuel and he's never ran a number close to that.

I owned a turbo myslef that I in the 210 hp range. When you sqeezed the trigger It pulled like a freight train. I rode both of NOSPRO's sleds and they didn't pull any where near that. As a matter of fact it more like a 10 to 15 hp increase. Not he 80 Holtzman claims.

Now wait a minute.....

I ran a 9.916 @ 130.396mph, and weigh over 250 with my gear on. You put a lightweight on any sled, and it will go faster. You are talking .5 of a second between sleds, and how many dollars between, you don't mention that for some reason.
Yes, 80 horse on the RX-1. No, I do not run race fuel, and refuse to on the 4 stroke.
You rode my sled with the nitrous darn near gone that day, and I told you that.
Ask hook-n-book, b2eliminater, Pro116 as I was untouchable untill the nitrous ran out. There are so many members out there that have seen my sleds in action, Turk, Swiss Sledder, Tom, Reaper, srxtwins, sno-xr, Viperdave, and many others that have seen proof positive that it works. The proof is in the pudding, and almost a full second in the quarter is the proof.
Guys, if you don't believe me, pm these guys as I have nothing to hide, and to help anyone that has questions about installing or using nitrous.

I have seen Nitrous in action in the automotive field only. I can say it works if the right kit and set up is used. I am lookning into it for my sled but I can't come to a conclusion of which kit to by. I am currently considering Boss or Holtzman. But I did not recieve information form Barry as requested.

NOS-PRO said:
Now wait a minute.....

I ran a 9.916 @ 130.396mph, and weigh over 250 with my gear on. You put a lightweight on any sled, and it will go faster. You are talking .5 of a second between sleds, and how many dollars between, you don't mention that for some reason.
Yes, 80 horse on the RX-1. No, I do not run race fuel, and refuse to on the 4 stroke.
You rode my sled with the nitrous darn near gone that day, and I told you that.
Ask hook-n-book, b2eliminater, Pro116 as I was untouchable untill the nitrous ran out. There are so many members out there that have seen my sleds in action, Turk, Swiss Sledder, Tom, Reaper, srxtwins, sno-xr, Viperdave, and many others that have seen proof positive that it works. The proof is in the pudding, and almost a full second in the quarter is the proof.
Guys, if you don't believe me, pm these guys as I have nothing to hide, and to help anyone that has questions about installing or using nitrous.

Anyone I talked to that has ridden your sleds agrees with me. I'm just the only one that will say it. Last year at the Novi snow show I was pushing the Holtzman system based on the Info you gave me. Someone who I refuse to name pulled me aside and said the Holtzman doesn't perform the way you claim it does. I road both your sleds and watched you race people that day. You were about 1 to 2 sleds quicker. Hell when I hooked hard from a stand still I was beating everyone by 4 plus sleds and my sled was stock. I weigh about 275 with gear.

Most of the guys running the RX-1 are running it around 10.8. I know Allen Ulmer is shooting for 10.2 with his Apex. Like I already posted Keith wood made a 10.4 pass on his Apex.

dirk,
terry has a point for a turbo is alot more expensive then puttin on a nos system. don't get me wrong for i know a turbo is there anytime you hit the throttle and do not have to worry about the bottle running out, but the turbo's generate a lot of heat and you need to keep them cool. all i want to do is put on a little more hp for the lake racing. i was not wanting to compare a nos system to a turbo for i did not realize that you did not run nos and that you run a turbo, is that correct?
thanks again

big d go to the boss site and check it out, they are a great kit and exactlly what your looking for on the lake. regulated flow, pinch it off, hit the button, and watch the #s on the radar. my geared down warrior is in the high 120's with a studded ripsaw!!! some warriors have a tough time hittin tripple digits. all i got to say is check it out.

yamahajunkie said:
big d go to the boss site and check it out, they are a great kit and exactlly what your looking for on the lake. regulated flow, pinch it off, hit the button, and watch the #s on the radar. my geared down warrior is in the high 120's with a studded ripsaw!!! some warriors have a tough time hittin tripple digits. all i got to say is check it out.

I agree use the boss.

I like NOS. just not the Holtzman kit.

big-d said:
dirk,
terry has a point for a turbo is alot more expensive then puttin on a nos system. don't get me wrong for i know a turbo is there anytime you hit the throttle and do not have to worry about the bottle running out, but the turbo's generate a lot of heat and you need to keep them cool. all i want to do is put on a little more hp for the lake racing. i was not wanting to compare a nos system to a turbo for i did not realize that you did not run nos and that you run a turbo, is that correct?
thanks again

I'm not saying buy a turbo. I'm just giving you an exsample of what 220 hp should do on the tar.

Get teh NOS but stay away from holtzman

I don't want to get in the middle of anything here but I know several people that dynoed holtzman kit's and the hp is way off of what they claim even tuning in the system.

dirk, this person that told you this, Does he have nitrous? I didn't think so.............Also, if this is the same person, I had a problem with 1 bottle have the siphon tube break off, so it was not getting full effect. That happened this year, and Tom and Barry can back me up, as I had to replace the tube with a new one. If this was the one they tried on mine, I can bet it was, cause the bottle was a bigger one for friends to try the nitrous out on. It all comes down to if you have it, or don't have it. I have never tried Boss Noss, or Boondockers, so I cannot say anything bad about them. I would like to see the dyno results on all of the kits. I don't have the time and the money to do it right now, and I have a friend with a dyno 2 blocks from me. He charges $75 and hour for his dyno, and if you pick up the tab dirk, I will get it done for you.

Everybody, do some research before you buy a system, and pick the one you feel best about. I like the systems I have, and feel comfortable with them, and that is the way a person should have their sled, the way they would want it.

I have received so many pm's, and they are so damn funny. Most of them say people are digging a hole for themselves, and others just can't believe someone would tell people stuff when you don't even have hard dyno results, or have nitrous,..........only hearsay.

Keep all of the pm's coming, I am laughing my but off.

1 pm said "everything he races,....he wins..... No matter who saw it, and who knows the truth". You know who that came from. The others are just name calling.

I am ending this for myself, and if members want to contact me, like you all have been doing, please pm me.

Larry motor is fine, we are going to run 140hp this year. I will have larry post how he is doing.
Bruce

NOS-PRO said:
dirk, this person that told you this, Does he have nitrous? I didn't think so.............Also, if this is the same person, I had a problem with 1 bottle have the siphon tube break off, so it was not getting full effect. That happened this year, and Tom and Barry can back me up, as I had to replace the tube with a new one. If this was the one they tried on mine, I can bet it was, cause the bottle was a bigger one for friends to try the nitrous out on. It all comes down to if you have it, or don't have it. I have never tried Boss Noss, or Boondockers, so I cannot say anything bad about them. I would like to see the dyno results on all of the kits. I don't have the time and the money to do it right now, and I have a friend with a dyno 2 blocks from me. He charges $75 and hour for his dyno, and if you pick up the tab dirk, I will get it done for you.

Everybody, do some research before you buy a system, and pick the one you feel best about. I like the systems I have, and feel comfortable with them, and that is the way a person should have their sled, the way they would want it.

I have received so many pm's, and they are so damn funny. Most of them say people are digging a hole for themselves, and others just can't believe someone would tell people stuff when you don't even have hard dyno results, or have nitrous,..........only hearsay.

Keep all of the pm's coming, I am laughing my but off.

1 pm said "everything he races,....he wins..... No matter who saw it, and who knows the truth". You know who that came from. The others are just name calling.

I am ending this for myself, and if members want to contact me, like you all have been doing, please pm me.

Here's the thing Terry I have no vested interest in NOS. Your right I don't have a system. So what do I have to gain by posting???

People that PM'd terry think about that.

I'm just looking out for people. I've ridden lots of big power sleds including my personal turbo that Made 225 HP right in front of my eyes on the dyno and I can tell you Terrys rx-1 with 80hp nozzels doesn't make the 220 hp it should with that shot of NOS.

2000srx said:
Larry motor is fine, we are going to run 140hp this year. I will have larry post how he is doing.
Bruce

For an 80hp shot of NOS what type of fuel do you recommend???

Glad to hear Larry's motor is good. Last time I saw him Run it was popping like mad.

Back