• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Why was "08 Nytro Sub frame" LOCKED

We've all been to our dealers already and the dealers are saying that Yamaha says there is no problem. The next step if you will, is to be vocal and bring some pressure to bear on Yamaha. It's alot more than just bitchin. Doo denied the driveshaft issue all year last year not to mention all the other ones but becuse of public pressure they have stepped up and are replacing all the driveshafts. Do you think they wanted to spend that money or are just doing it because they are good guys? If we just kept quiet and allowed whatever manufacturer no matter who it is to bury the issues they would never fix anything, I mean why would you it's just going to cost you money. Polaris denied the crank issue on the 800's forever till just about everyone who bought one wound up with their clutch rolling around in the bellypan loose.

You can be pretty well 100% sure Yamaha knows this is a weak spot or they never would have changed it for 09,because it's just another expense for them. Now it's up to them to do the right thing for the guinea pig 08 owners, and if there really are very few then what's the big deal just do it and make everyone happy.

Rx1M5

Rx1M5 said:
We've all been to our dealers already and the dealers are saying that Yamaha says there is no problem. The next step if you will, is to be vocal and bring some pressure to bear on Yamaha. It's alot more than just bitchin. Doo denied the driveshaft issue all year last year not to mention all the other ones but becuse of public pressure they have stepped up and are replacing all the driveshafts. Do you think they wanted to spend that money or are just doing it because they are good guys? If we just kept quiet and allowed whatever manufacturer no matter who it is to bury the issues they would never fix anything, I mean why would you it's just going to cost you money. Polaris denied the crank issue on the 800's forever till just about everyone who bought one wound up with their clutch rolling around in the bellypan loose.

You can be pretty well 100% sure Yamaha knows this is a weak spot or they never would have changed it for 09,because it's just another expense for them. Now it's up to them to do the right thing for the guinea pig 08 owners, and if there really are very few then what's the big deal just do it and make everyone happy.

Rx1M5

Amen!

Wow! That's very interesting! It sounds like Ski-Doo is having same issue as some of us. Wonder how they will address it?

isn't this a Yamaha site......?......for dicussions about our Yamy sleds.... :o|

Jamie....what reference point did you use for on the bottom part of the level....ski mount bolt perhaps..??...or are you just using it to compare on side to the other...?

I wonder what the numbers/data wouold look like if we all used the same method to measure it. To many variables to be accurate I would guess.

cheers, BK

I think bottom line is this.. Yamaha wants to protect its bottom line and not replace every sub-frame on the 2008 Nytros. It sounds as if they will only help the customer that screams the loudest. I see Mr.Sleds point... he created this site for shits and giggles.. and not for people to vent about their sleds problems.. in reality.. its nice to have a place to vent sometimes. However its really wasting time. Your time and energy would be better spent on the phone with your dealer.

gormleyflyer2002 said:
isn't this a Yamaha site......?......for dicussions about our Yamy sleds.... :o|

Jamie....what reference point did you use for on the bottom part of the level....ski mount bolt perhaps..??...or are you just using it to compare on side to the other...?

I wonder what the numbers/data wouold look like if we all used the same method to measure it. To many variables to be accurate I would guess.

cheers, BK

I used the level and inclimometer to basically show I was going on the front of the spindle on both sides to show i was parallel then measure the distance from the front of the spindle to the balljoint. The yamaha race team last season had a jig that fit the front end of these sleds to check if they were straight etc and it was also used for R&D to setup the caster/camber etc...

thanks Jamie
if we all play nice maybe the mods can make this a sticky so people can add this to their pre season check list when getting sleds ready to roll.

let it snow already

TurboJamie said:
gormleyflyer2002 said:

cheers, BK

I used the level and inclimometer to basically show I was going on the front of the spindle on both sides to show i was parallel then measure the distance from the front of the spindle to the balljoint. The yamaha race team last season had a jig that fit the front end of these sleds to check if they were straight etc and it was also used for R&D to setup the caster/camber etc...

Ok now to prove your point you need to measure and take pictures of a brand new stock Nytro. This could be built in geometrics for steering on ditch banging sleds.

Back