• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wide Ski Skins

thegrizzly1

Lifetime Member
I searched this forumn for part #'s on the 11" wide ski skins and found SMA-8FNSK-11-BK. The problem is when I gave that part number to my dealer it came up no good. I am going to assume that it is a Canadian part number? While my dealer said he would check into it, does onyone out there know of an equivalent US part #?

Thanks.

I understand that they are only available in Canada. Kind of interesting that a product only available in canada is sold as 11 inches wide. We use the metric system up here it should be sold as 27 cm.

I just picked up a pair and I'm half done the install.

Terry

I have a pair of Simmons Gen II skis left over from my Nytro. Anyone figured out how to mount the Simmons skis onto a Pro? The standard Nytro saddles are definitely not correct. If I can't buy saddles I'll have to create some. Any help or advice is appreciated.

Hey Stewart,

Just call Simmons and get the specific mount for the VK Pro. They sell all kinds of mounts for the particular sleds.

I did talk to Simmons. I have the proper mounts for Yami sport sleds but the Pro is totally different. Simmons was unaware of how to mount. I figure there's a Polaris or Doo saddle that will adapt. I'll figure it out once I can get that sled back to town. I'll post it once I do it. I was hoping somebody else had already done it.

Stewart

Hey Stewart, many years ago I got a pair of first generation Flexi Skis from Simmons for a Skandic SWT. In 2008 when I got my VK Pro, I called them back and they sent me a specific mount for my Gen I Flexi Skis. In 2009 when I wanted to upgrade to their wide body Gen II Flexi Skis they said that my current mounts for the VK Pro from the Gen I skis would do the trick, and that's what I'm using.

I'm not sure who you are talking to at Simmons, hopefully you are calling them direct vs. relying on a dealer, and maybe they haven't thought about using their VK Pro specific mounts from Gen I skis for Gen II skis, but that is what I got direct from them without any modifications.

Here are a couple of pictures.

Attachments

• P1010109.JPG
    P1010109.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 670
  • P1010110.JPG
    P1010110.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 332
Excellent! I had spoken with Simmons direct but I'll give it another shot. I have the skis laying around so I may as well try to use them. Thanks much for the pics. Merry Christmas.

Stewart

Back