• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

wife rolled rx1 - HELP PLEASE

gbhall

Hello All,
My wife rolled MY rx1 yesterday and after we got it back onto its ski's we tried starting it, it started up right away but of course the TORS was engaged. Tried to disengage it (TORS)but not knowing enough about it and being miles away from home without a manual, I wasn't successful. We then towed the sled to a staging area, where I could get it onto the trailer, rode back about 10 miles to where my truck was, drove to the staging area where I had left the rx1 and tried starting it again b4 trying to get it onto the trailer. It would turn over but would not start or even fire. Got it home and into the garage but it still won't start (with no choke, half choke, full choke)
Has anyone else out there experienced a similar situation? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Try holding the throttle wide open and start it. It works with the old sleds so i would think it would with a rx1

Thanks for the suggestion!
Didn't have a chance to play with it last night but hopefully tonight I can have a peek at it. I will probably try replacing plugs 1st but I will keep your suggestion in mind .

Thanks for the advice. Tried your suggestion last night, it didn't work but I think the problem might be not enough fuel going thru to the carbs. Someone else suggested pressurizing the fuel system so I guess my next step would be to figure that one out
Thanks again

Did you already try squirting fuel or starting fluid directly into the carbs? If it doesn't at least sputter you have either a compression or spark issue.

Plugs

Mine will not start if one plug is fouled. Maybe try some plugs, remove bar pad make sure a wire didnt come unpluged/cut/pulled out? check kill switch for power in/out.

Back