• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wild child rider forward kit,edited for install advice

I have a kit for a 05 Rage that I haven't installed yet. I don't think I'm going too. The wife said I could buy a XTX next season so I may be selling the kit. At cost plus shipping. I think I paid about $195 plus shipping when I bought it. I'll look for the reciept.

wildcild (curt) on snowest makes them. I have this on my RX1 mnt and love the ride. Search Jigger sled under the garage forum I posted some pics. Up Brett price is close to what I paid.
No you will not need cable extensions this will move the bars forward approx 3-4 ".

Yes I had a wreck ith the Rage and nee to unload all my parts I have a ad in the classiffieds. I'll bump it to the top for you.

Brett

On and off trail riding for me. I don't use a riser anymore for better trail handling. This kit makes it much easier to move from sitting to standing. If you do on this mod on RX-1 an Apex seat or aftermarket seat is in order to make it work better.

Okay, took the plunge on Up Brett's wild child kit and just got it this morning...I am also waiting on an 06 Apex bar to get here...I current ly have a 2" rox riser, would I need to go any higher because of the move forward and the different bars...and what riser would work best...there isan 07 Vector Mountain riser 6" I can pick up cheap

If I remember correctly I had Kurt make that steering post 2 or 3 inchs taller. Compare to the stock one when you get it apart. I'm 6'-3", and thought with the move forward and the apex bars and riser I was going to use it would have been perfect.
I have a 15 degree 3" TRU-Vert on the apex mnt with the stock 7" riser and its perfect for me. Hope this will help you.

Brett ;)!

Is the Wild Child kit the same thing as a pivot riser? Also how do these kits (rider forward and pivot risers) behave when your just trail riding especially in the twisties. I can imagine they would be great off trail and going over bumps. It is extremely hard to throw my Warrior around without any leverage with the stock bars and I would like to put a riser on it for off trailing, but I do not want to loose trail-ability. Please give your input!

Bill

SMOKNZ said:
Is the Wild Child kit the same thing as a pivot riser? Also how do these kits (rider forward and pivot risers) behave when your just trail riding especially in the twisties. I can imagine they would be great off trail and going over bumps. It is extremely hard to throw my Warrior around without any leverage with the stock bars and I would like to put a riser on it for off trailing, but I do not want to loose trail-ability. Please give your input!

Bill

The kit moves the stock steering post forward about 3"-4" inches, a pivot risor will still need to be used but you will find it hard to gain leverage with the stock warrior seat. I find that with a 2" rise and Mountain mod seat that it handles considerably better than stock but when you stand up the steering is still in your crotch...thus the wild child kit. Pics are hard to come by here for this application. I would love to see the other mods out there before I start mine, I will try to post up mine when it is finished.
All imput is welcome

The leverage I'm referring to is while carving. Standing on the warrior either straight up, or both feet on one side your still pretty hunched over and you really need to tug hard to get it to go sideways. Forget it when your standing going over whoops for an extended period of time, back is bent at a pretty good angle and it gets old quick.

Back