• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wildchild rider forward steering post kit

this looks to be a great update, got a fr.mnt.turbo vector just like the first page, would you guys have a email address or a web site so i can pursue further?any further problems created with the frount mount? installation wise.

RXFUN, i was joking about cutting my handlebar :D

First Run today. Humm great at high speed in climbing and playing, but a pain in the Bip bip at slow speed.

look what i've done, is my setup good. (BTW, hnadlebar way to high

Attachments

• DSCN7798-mod.JPG
    DSCN7798-mod.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 230
After a few rides with this rider forward post I have found that it is real easy to move your bars too high and too far forward. Dont get greedy. I have gone from a 6 inch riser to a 4 inch and lowered my bars and moved them back a little. Much better for boondocking. With them too high and too far forward I couldnt sidehill to save my life.

I know this is a VERY old thread.. However, does anyone know if this kit is still available..? Season is coming soon and I definitely need this mod..!

I just recently found out about this after searching for a power steering kit.. If my sled wasn't in storage I'd tear into it and figure something out...

Does anyone know if there's another thread I may have missed? Possibly an easier or cheaper way to relocate or move the shaft? I just sent an email to wwildchild@hotmail.com. On account of it being 2018 almost 2019 I'm not sure what to expect ..!

he doesn't offer them anymore. There is a thread here on how to move your steering post forward 4" i did it and it was great!

he doesn't offer them anymore. There is a thread here on how to move your steering post forward 4" i did it and it was great!

Yeah.. I found that out yesterday.. Kurt contacted me right away and told me they stopped making it some years back.. I didn't search to crazy but couldn't find the thread your speaking of, can you paste the link? Thanks!

go into the rx1 mountain forums and search how i moved my steering forward 4" should come up.

I did my rider forward steering post years ago. I'll put up a picture and you can get back with any questions.
j11w0p.jpg

Ken............

I did my rider forward steering post years ago. I'll put up a picture and you can get back with any questions.
j11w0p.jpg

Ken............
Ken, Did you use the stock steering post? Did you have to do any welding or did you fabricate some brackets or spacers for a flush mount towards the front? It looks like you made a cutout for the stem.. Thanks for the pic and feedback!

I had to modify the mounts so the bolts would fit flush. Also had to grind the welds off the stock post for the steering stops and move it to the front so it would work. When you move the top part of the stem to the front side it changes all the mounting positions so you have to figure it out . If I can get out to my storage in the near future I'll see if I can take a few pics.

Ken...........

Back