• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wildchild rider forward steering post kit

sleds

man your vector looks really good how are you liking it?.noob why werent you impresed with the boon dockers? other then power. and i think your boosted apex will kick that guys #*$&@ especially when hes doing a engine
cheers

Re: sleds

summitking said:
man your vector looks really good how are you liking it?.noob why werent you impresed with the boon dockers? other then power. and i think your boosted apex will kick that guys #*$&@ especially when hes doing a engine
cheers

maybe i should have used different wording. I was impressed cuz it went places that we weren't, and his buddy was on an 800 triple polaris running 180 h.p and he wasn't close either. just a couple of us who rode my old trx and watched my trx just thought it wasn't quite as close. when he grabbed throttle, it seemed like it wasn't an arm jerking hold on tight experience. i should have rode it, dont' know what i was thinkin. noob
great sled though, don't get me wrong, maybe the mc on my apex will be about the same?? we'll find out.

4 strokes, nice sled. I like my relocate kit as well although I have to admit it took 2 rides for it to "click". Kind of like when the Revs came out. Took awhile to get used to them too.

apex

cool that guy on snowest sure thinks he king #*$&@ with his cutler engine.trx-1noob
how much boost was the guy running with his boon dockers kit?i think the mcx and the alpine look impresive i saw the vid of darkos sled on snowest and wow i was impressed it looks like it goes good.i m going to go with the alpine kit uless something changes but i dout it will.well cheers

realy cant say enough good things about my tvec its very impressive at everything i like to do & is not to heavy to flic around with the rider forward it made it alot easyer.it takes a couple of rides to get use to it but after that it seems right i had to force myself to stand in the footwells if you stand like normal it will feel strange u just have to keep making yourself move ahead then it rides like a dream but it does weigh under 540lbs dry now so that helps to.as for the 2 turbos rear mount turbos tend to have a harder hit than the front mount. frount mount tends to be a little more steady increase till full boost,where as the rear mount takes a second to build then it hits full boost instantly. ;)! ;)! :4STroke:

vec

cool good to know you like it. what light weight parts have you put on it?.i rode a rear mount vector and didnt like the lag but i would get used to it and .but then i hoped on e a front mount rx1 and liek how it was instant.ill be going with the alpine turbo on my apex but the acx kit has had some really impresive results to.
cheers :yam:

Frostbite said:
Also, is there a nice cover plate that covers the old handlebar hole in the cowling or is it left open?

Frosty

Here is what Bill at Thunder Racing did on my RX-1

Attachments

• column block off.jpg
    column block off.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 335
dred, that looks sick. love the look. summit, have you done all your homework on the alpine kit yet? talk to penetraitor on snowest, he has a buddy with one and has aaaaaaaallllllllllllllllll kinds of issues. not sure if he got a bad one, but you might want to talk to him to find out some of the issues so you can make a judgement for yourself. said sled has caught fire a couple of times, with things so tight in the front end there, couple items have rubbed holes in his tank, and others. just lookin out for a brotha. noob

Did you find the Steering rod hard to remove from the post. Mine seem welded by the rust between the steel and the aluminium. I will put some lub this afternoon and let work for a couple of hour.

Tundra, this is one of the best mods you can do to an RX1. It may take you a ride or 2 to get used to it but it ends up feeling even better than an Apex.

it's done (almost)

its was a surprise when i saw the height of the handlerbar with my 8'' fly riser.

All the Wire are too short :ORC , Is someone want to swap a 6 or 7 inch fly riser with my 8 inch. Only a couple of scratch. If not, i 'm thinking to put 1 inch steel plate under my boots :drink:

What you guy do with the windshield, my handlebar hit it. I was thinking to cut my handle bar 3 inch on each side to let them turn freely :drink: :D

Attachments

• snowMB.jpg
    snowMB.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 208
I ordered mine on Jan 16th and I'm still waiting to receive it. I think it is taking an exceptionally long time.

wild child relocation kit

You meen you ordered the relocation kit? Give wildchild a call and he will give you a tracking number so you can see where it is. i was there like 3 weeks ago when he was sending out his last batch of kits.

Tundra, I am not using the windshield or stock headlight. Don't cut your handlebars, they need to be that wide. Try cutting down your windshield to gain the clearance you need. I am 6'4" and after installing the relocate kit I only needed a 2" riser under the stock bars to make the sled a perfect fit for me. I also straightened my bars so that they don't sweep back as far. Stock bars have a 25degree sweep, Apex bars 20degree sweep, mine 15degree sweep.

Back