• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Will need a new track

shockwave

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
09 Phazer RTX
I am on my last years with my track. What are some of the best track that I can get next? I ride mostly trail and some field.

I have a 121.

there is an 1-1/2" paddle track availible for the phazers. run it with dupont slides and you will love it. my 09 rtx is now an xtx with the stock 1-1/2" paddle track from yamaha and i love how the traction improved on it just from the paddle upgrade on trail. more fun off trail too.

I must assume that your are talking about the Freeride. I am seriously thinking of getting that one.

So far, I can only find two options. The stock hacksaw or Freeride.

Anybody knows other option that I am missing?

I have heard of some using the 13.5 track from a firecat. There is also the option of cutting a 15" wide track down to 14". I believe tracks usa offers that service.
Considering the extra cost of having a track cut down or taking a chance with the cat track, I think the freeride is the best option. Its as close to plug n play as you can get. And those that have used the freeride claim that it transforms the phazer for the better.

Freeride is the answer, should have been standard on all Phazers! Another interesting option I’ve seen is the Cat 128” 13.5 or 14” wide tracks using the same 3.5” skid setback that the MTX guys use to install a 151. The setback stretches the wheel base a bit for better handling and far better approach angle.

I use a doo 1.5" x 121" crossover track and it absolutely rips. Had to narrow it down on the table saw. Was easier than I expected.

I have a 144 skid and another 144x1.5" doo track and I am doing the same thing, going to cut it down. Love it. Got the 121 for 50$ used. Got the 144 for $90 used.

I use a doo 1.5" x 121" crossover track and it absolutely rips. Had to narrow it down on the table saw. Was easier than I expected.

I have a 144 skid and another 144x1.5" doo track and I am doing the same thing, going to cut it down. Love it. Got the 121 for 50$ used. Got the 144 for $90 used.

That is also an option that I could consider but does cutting the track weaken it by any means?

That is also an option that I could consider but does cutting the track weaken it by any means?
Lots of us have cut them down. I have had the same track cut down for 8 years and zero issues. I dont ride trails, all ditches and backcountry, so it gets abused. Hitting stumps, rocks etc, etc and no signs of damage. I have a hole in the centre of the track from a stump, and the hole has been there for 7 years and zero issues lol

I have had a cut down 136 1 1/4” Apex track on mine for 10 years with no problems at all.

What are you impression of Composit track? It looks to be of a good quality, lighter and lower cost. Looking at cutting one of them.

I found à good deal for a 15 X 121 1 1/2 Intense track. Any of you have used this track in the past?

Back