• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Will not start when its cold -17C

are you guys using the 0w-30 oil? It does make a difference. also the lightweight batteries wont have the cranking duration of the stock battery (if you're using one). i agree with ted about your pilots. i had no trouble starting my vedtor in the extreme cold (left out over night) and the 3-cyl cranks harder than the 4-cyl

Thanks for all the tips so far. I'm running pump gas, 91 octane with the meth. It did it again this morning we had a wind chill in the -20's and put the heat to her for about 10 minutes and she fired right up

Man buddy sounds like the best way is just put a little heat on her...... What is the AFR at idle when warm?

My 03 Rx1 with bender rear mount has a hard time starting in the - temps as well. I have a Boss Nos nitrous kit installed so I just hit the nos button when the bottle is closed and it sprays fuel into the carb boots. Rarely use the nitrous but it comes in handy for cold weather starting :) Have to hit it a couple of times before it gets warmed up.

You know you could get some fuel line and slide over the bottom of the peto jet and blow in it for a sec. (then take hose off) that would slam some fuel in her!!

Skydog

Skydog said:
You know you could get some fuel line and slide over the bottom of the peto jet and blow in it for a sec. (then take hose off) that would slam some fuel in her!!

Skydog

Thats a good idea. My A/F's are about 13.5 at idle when it's warm

I took the sled over to DC5's this morning and he found the problem for me. Dave was right the enricheners are sticking so i don't have full choke when starting. Thanks for the help guys

You talking about the little plungers that the choke bar slides out of the carbs? If so watch them they will stick on too!!

Skydog

Back