• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Will the nytro retard the timing if its running hot?

NB-NYTRO

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Stoopid question I know.. I guess I'm a little paranoid. I went out sledding yesterday and after two days of warm weather and rain the trails are rock hard which means there wasn't much loose snow to cool the sled down. I had to pull over and stop a couple of times because the temp lights came on. The sled ran like crap most of the trip. It just didn't seem to have its normal power. It was kind of boggy at times. It worked awesome the night befor after I installed the CR10EK's as it was alot colder out. So if its running hot will it retard the timing and cut the power?

It did seem snapier when I tried it Saturday night after the install. The throttle response was snappier.. But yesterday running the hard pack with sled running warm its hard to tell. I will need to get it out on some good conditions to really see.

I think there set up a little rich for the warm weather, I know the fuel injection should compensate for that but I think like always there on the safe side and you can really tell with the warm weather.

If I were to guess if the water temp sensor sensed the engine is hot It would think that its being run in very warm conditions and would richen the mixture. I also believe the a the oil pressure sensor controls the fuel pump and will if the oil pressure is very low or non-existent will shut off the fuel pump.

ok here is what happens

We have run our race sleds with the temp light on for a while
Temp light come on @ 212F
critical engine temp is 260F .....

When in fresh snow sometimes the snow builds up infront of the exchanger causeing a ice wall if you will NOT allowing fresh snow to become incontact with the heat exchanger. This has happened to us MANY times the last time it was -20F temp 2 foot of fresh untracked snow and Wide open throttle for about 3 minutes, POOF temp light comes on! Keep riding but sled down to 6000rpm fro 3 miles temp light stays on!! Stop clear ice jam about 3/8" away from exchanger with-in 100 yards temp light goes off!!
During the race WE WILL NOT STOP BECAUSE OF TEMP LIGHT!
Follow along and see how that works out for us!!

I hope that Amsoil sponsorship was worth it! lol

I was riding in 34 degree weather yesterday, and didn't have a single problem. Trails weren't slushy, but not powder either. Mostly hardpack. I can't help thinking that its the combination of the plugs in warmer weather. Doesn't make much sense to me, but thats the changed stat in your case.

Attachments

• boss noss install 004.jpg
    boss noss install 004.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 81
  • boss noss install 004.jpg
    boss noss install 004.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 120
We got some fresh snow the other night.. and I added some water wetter and its working real well. I suspect there too much anti-freeze in it and not enough water. It worked awesome yesterday. Pulled wheelies all day.

Back