• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

will yes cover this?

reading my yes policy it does say bearings are covered. I tried calling the dealer sat but they were closed. Ill call 2morrow and find out. If not there is a place here in town that sells a non oem wheel that has replaceable bearings. I'll buy those before I buy another yamaha wheel that won't allow replacement of bearings. Thats what I put on my wifes rage when two of those needed replacement.

YES is very confusing to me. While you would think there is no way they are going to cover a wheel bearing. They do. Then you get denied a claim for a seat coming apart at the seams, a cracked pivot arm, etc. I really do not understand the logic of YES.

well of course they are going to cover a part that cost them little i.e. bearings. the seat and pivot arm are going to cost them more so they will try not to cover them. The Y.E.S. plan is only as good as the dealer you take it to

SIKEWARD said:
reading my yes policy it does say bearings are covered. I tried calling the dealer sat but they were closed. Ill call 2morrow and find out. If not there is a place here in town that sells a non oem wheel that has replaceable bearings. I'll buy those before I buy another yamaha wheel that won't allow replacement of bearings. Thats what I put on my wifes rage when two of those needed replacement.

the new yamaha wheels have replaceable bearings in them.

yea i got new rear wheels when a chunk of the rubber in the stock one flew off. they look better and have replaceable bearings in them

I think Yamaha was not expecting so many high $$ issues failing on these Nytro's and it turned into a numbers game.
It was likely made worse by a sluggish economy.
And just like any insurance company...
Anything they can get away with they will try to deny.
If you are the kind of person who likes to fight for it.
YES is your kinda program.
But, if you are willing to spend later (learn to fix your own sled) and avoid the red tape aggravation.
YES is not for you.
Either way you pay.

I can't see how a bearing would be considered a wear item. What if the bearing inside the motor failed? Still a wear item? Slides, batteries, and carbides are wear items in my book.

My dealer is good.

YES covered the driveshaft bearing and ball joints, they even covered two seals in the chaincase. The seat they covered last year, this year, no go, the arm as I said no go. I learned from my apex that I would never pay for the YES, it's not a bad deal to get for preorder but certainly not worth the fee. I would try to get the bearings covered, if you have time to wait, it won't happen overnight.

I agree that they cover less expensive items.

Back