• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wind Deflectors

wildmann

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
16 viper rtx-dx
11 venture gt
09 vector ltx gt
05 vector
has anybody seen a phazer with wind deflectors for the knees. I thought I remember someone posting something about them. I just picked up a phazer fx for my daughter and while horsing around the house before the snow melted I noticed alot of wind hitting my knees. any help is appreciated. thanks

wildmann said:
has anybody seen a phazer with wind deflectors for the knees. I thought I remember someone posting something about them. I just picked up a phazer fx for my daughter and while horsing around the house before the snow melted I noticed alot of wind hitting my knees. any help is appreciated. thanks

the GT comes with them standard. your dealer should be able to get them for you.

they work too... i rode mr sleds with them on, and you definately get protection from those little buggers.....

I had them put on my FX when I bought it, as well as the GT windshield. There are actually 4 peices if you get the whole kit. two for either side of the headlight and two more for down at your knees. I think they help, but then I never rode one without them.

Trevor

I had 700 miles on my Phazer FX before installing the 4 wind deflectors. I think it is $20 for the upper set and $40 for the lower set. $60 total.

I have never had a problem with the wind. Even with the "ultra low" windshield, the wind deflectors certainly made the trails more enjoyable. Especially when it is below zero.

LaLaLa

They bolts right on and very easy to mount. There are marks on the backside of the panels were you should drill the holes.

Knee protector left side : 8GK-77561-00-00
right side : 8GK-77562-00-00
screw : 98902-05016-00 (package of 4pc)
nut : 90179-05523-00 (package of 4pc)

Protectors at headlight

left side : 8GK-77231-00-00
right side : 8GK-7723A-00-00
"nut spring" : 90183-06011-00 (package of 6pc)

Would not have been without this protectors ;)!

Attachments

• gt deflectors.JPG
    gt deflectors.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 640
thanks for the info, I guess the sled I test rode was a GT so I didn't notice the wind. I got a good deal on an FX here at the end of the year so I picked it up. I'll just order the deflectors. The dealer threw in the taller windshield, so I should be set. thanks again, Wildmann

Anyone have any pics (other than above) or input on the above mentioned knee wind deflectors? Looking at getting some for my '08. Thanks

Here are pics of the knee deflectors. I have ridden in -30 C with no issues with cold legs/body.

Attachments

• P1020401.JPG
    P1020401.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 619

Back